U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-09-2011, 05:46 PM

45 posts, read 48,042 times
Default Best blue grass in Nashville and around

I will be in Nashville this year and would like to kow what is the best blue grass bar/pub.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 06:10 AM

865 posts, read 1,525,414 times
A good start would be to check out The Station Inn. There may be some other bluegrass dominated jaunts and I would like to know as well. There are a lot of bluegrass type musicians/bands that play in Nashville, you will probably need to seek them out occasionally in regular music venues and bars. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:02 PM

2,798 posts, read 3,271,632 times
The Station Inn is definitely the place to go. It's known as one of the (if not the) premiere spots for live bluegrass in the nation.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 PM

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
A good start would be to check out The Station Inn. There may be some other bluegrass dominated jaunts and I would like to know as well. There are a lot of bluegrass type musicians/bands that play in Nashville, you will probably need to seek them out occasionally in regular music venues and bars. Good luck.
thanks a lot

Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM

thanks a lot. I am a big blue grass fan

Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 PM

Default thanks, a walkable and distance from Convention center ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
The Station Inn is definitely the place to go. It's known as one of the (if not the) premiere spots for live bluegrass in the nation.
I saw in google maps that is about 1.0 mi from convention center and the hotel I will stay, Are there sidewalks walkable enough all the way to walk towards there or should I take a cab if I decide to drink some spirits?

Thanks again

Old 02-10-2011, 08:30 PM

865 posts, read 1,525,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCIO View Post
I saw in google maps that is about 1.0 mi from convention center and the hotel I will stay, Are there sidewalks walkable enough all the way to walk towards there or should I take a cab if I decide to drink some spirits?

Thanks again
I would probably take a cab to the Station Inn. It's in a nice newer developed area called The Gulch but there is a pretty large rescue mission nearby. Not that it's crime central, but since you might be by yourself and have never been here, I would recommend a cab at night. You also should check out Roberts Western World on Broadway afterwards. Tootsies gets all the honkeytonk press but locals prefer Roberts. They almost always have a great house band (Brazillabilies are incredible).

Last edited by yank283; 02-10-2011 at 08:53 PM..

Old 02-11-2011, 10:27 AM

2,798 posts, read 3,271,632 times
I agree with yank...I'd take a cab. It's not unsafe...but I wouldn't tempt fate by walking that distance at night. There isn't much between the main district on Broadway and around all the hotels to the Gulch (where Station Inn is). If I had to walk it, I'd do it. But you'd be better off in a cab.

I second yank's recommendation of Roberts too.

There used to be a bluegrass bar in Printer's Alley (off of Church St. between 3rd and 4th Avenues) that I heard good things about. But I don't know if its still there.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:48 PM

414 posts, read 393,436 times
The best BlueGrass may be at the Grand Ole Opry.
The next best may be the June-July 6week BlueGrass series at the Ryman. Thursdays 6pm plaza party 7-9??
The third best may be the Music City Roots series at the Loveless Cafe Barn. Tix $10 or $5 with student ID. Wednesdays 7-9pm

Last edited by GWoodle; 02-13-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville