Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM

215 posts, read 681,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Let me put it this way - my mother is a 78 year old, white Christian southern woman with upstanding morals and very conservative. She feels the people building the mosque in M'boro have every right to do so and those opposing it are narrow-minded morons. She's also supports the rights of gays to marry. Oddly enough, she still disapproves of my occasional glass of wine, even as I approach 40. Bless her heart.
That's not a conservative at all in my opinion.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:18 PM

8 posts, read 14,994 times
You won't see much diversity in Joelton, Pleasant View and Ashland City. There are a lot of hispanic people that live in Springfield. You will find more diversity in Nashville or in Clarksville because of the size of the cities.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:59 PM

374 posts, read 692,997 times
Quote:
Let me put it this way - my mother is a 78 year old, white Christian southern woman with upstanding morals and very conservative. She feels the people building the mosque in M'boro have every right to do so and those opposing it are narrow-minded morons. She's also supports the rights of gays to marry. Oddly enough, she still disapproves of my occasional glass of wine, even as I approach 40. Bless her heart.
Your mother sounds like a wonderful person (and maybe is a conservative in name only?) You might want to remind her that your glass of wine is (sort of) blessing your heart.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 AM

764 posts, read 2,547,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman2 View Post
That's not a conservative at all in my opinion.
There are many nuances in labeling one conservative, liberal or whatever. Being socially liberal is just one aspect of the whole. I'm very liberal in many areas but a staunch conservative in others - I align with Republicans more often than not even though I support gay rights, health care reform and am agnostic. There's a huge misconception about Southerners that we're all bible thumping, gun toting, uneducated hicks who shun anyone 1) different than us in any way or 2) still has all their teeth when the majority of people I know are nothing of the kind.

Now, my relatives in Kentucky are a whole other story...

Old 03-09-2011, 05:52 PM

215 posts, read 681,660 times
Quote:
There are many nuances in labeling one conservative, liberal or whatever. Being socially liberal is just one aspect of the whole. I'm very liberal in many areas but a staunch conservative in others - I align with Republicans more often than not even though I support gay rights, health care reform and am agnostic. There's a huge misconception about Southerners that we're all bible thumping, gun toting, uneducated hicks who shun anyone 1) different than us in any way or 2) still has all their teeth when the majority of people I know are nothing of the kind.

Now, my relatives in Kentucky are a whole other story...
Most so called conservatives are just neocons and other phonies just to be honest.The only real conservatives in my opinion are the paleoconservatives like this Council of Conservative Citizens for example.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:18 PM

16,175 posts, read 32,478,600 times
This thread has certainly veered off topic. Feel free to discuss cultures in the appropriate forum. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville