U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-28-2011, 11:46 AM

14 posts, read 13,768 times
Default Cell Phone company recommendations??

My cell service has been with Cellular South for years. My daughter has moved to Brentwood. She is going to have to get a new cell company. Cellular South calls drop/no bars, etc.

What provider has the best coverage/least dropped calls?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 11:57 AM

4,994 posts, read 4,562,604 times
I think Verizon or AT&T will end up having the best coverage for the area. It depends on what you want for a phone or a plan. I've used both. I've had somewhat better reception on my Verizon phone, but it's newer, so that's not exactly scientific.

A lot of people seem to like Verizon, though. Not sure if it's better coverage, more popular phones, or just plain better marketing...but I think they are winning the market as of right now.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:08 PM

14 posts, read 13,768 times
As a minimum, unlimited text and data. I think she wants an iphone, which limits her to AT&T or Verizon. Her boyfriend has AT&T iphone and he seems to have dropped calls.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:09 PM

3,537 posts, read 4,938,151 times
Verizon!!! I wouldn't have anyone else.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:10 PM

4,679 posts, read 4,877,525 times
I had Sprint when I lived in Nashville and it worked fine.

They also have a cheap unlimited data plan that I haven't seen many other companies have with the exception of Cricket.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:18 PM

2,820 posts, read 3,326,273 times
Verizon probably has fewer drop call issues. I have Sprint and it's okay, but in some parts of town (like East Nashville) I always have dropped calls.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:50 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,605,294 times
Verizon has much better coverage in the outlying areas of Middle TN.

I have AT&T & went to Lafayette, TN to pickup a garage door for a friend, I was using my iPhone as my GPS & when I started getting in the more remote areas I had no service, therefore no triangulated signal for my GPS & no way to call anyone. When I got to where I was going, I asked them who their cell provider was & it was Verizon.

Courtney

Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM

74 posts, read 90,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
Verizon has much better coverage in the outlying areas of Middle TN.

I have AT&T & went to Lafayette, TN to pickup a garage door for a friend, I was using my iPhone as my GPS & when I started getting in the more remote areas I had no service, therefore no triangulated signal for my GPS & no way to call anyone. When I got to where I was going, I asked them who their cell provider was & it was Verizon.

Courtney
Agreed. As soon as my contract is up I'm switching to Verizon. I have an iPhone and I've never had a problem anywhere with it before.
Except here. I travel quite a bit and it's fine.
Except here.

So Verizon it is for me too soon!

Old 02-28-2011, 02:38 PM

4,994 posts, read 4,562,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionaireMom View Post
Agreed. As soon as my contract is up I'm switching to Verizon. I have an iPhone and I've never had a problem anywhere with it before.
Except here. I travel quite a bit and it's fine.
Except here.

So Verizon it is for me too soon!
AT&T has decent coverage in a lot of areas...but I notice my phone gets a better signal where AT&T's used to drop off (in buildings with below-ground levels and in elevators especially).

Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,137,912 times
I was going to get the Verizon iPhone BUT I don't like the fact it's a 7 month old G3. AND CNET did some tests and the AT&T iPhone downloads data faster than the Verizon iPhone. Depends on how she will use it. If it's more for calls then maybe Verizon. If more for data, maybe AT&T. Back in CT I couldn't make calls from inside my house with the AT&T but down here it's not a problem. So I guess you should check coverage in your area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville