U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:02 PM

8,986 posts, read 20,920,918 times
Well they're calling it "Festival Tennessee" and the pic looks like it'll have a lot of the same features good ol' Opryland had. I'm still annoyed as heck that Gaylord bulldozed Opryland and put up a mall, so I have high (although cautious) hopes that this Festival Tennessee thing will be a winner. Goodness knows Spring Hill could use some good news these days.

Las Vegas company to open Festival Tennessee, new Spring Hill theme park | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,603,625 times
I wonder how many thousands of dollars & panels of people it took to come up with the name "FESTIVAL TENNESSEE"

Courtney

Old 03-02-2011, 02:37 PM

11,951 posts, read 9,230,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
I wonder how many thousands of dollars & panels of people it took to come up with the name "FESTIVAL TENNESSEE"

Courtney
IKR!! Man, that accompanying artwork is BAD.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:40 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,327,855 times
I'm hoping the waterpark is like Schlitterbahn...is that too much to ask for?

Old 03-02-2011, 02:45 PM

YES! If anything, we need something to do when it's 98 degrees.

Think of all the new tattoos we'll be able to examine while waiting in line for the new water slides.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:48 PM

4,992 posts, read 4,552,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post

Courtney
The name is not only bad...but looking at that picture...nothing in there just jumps out and screams "TENNESSEE!" to me. Just looks like Hollywood took a big crap and smeared it all over a billboard. We'll call it....FESTIVAL TENNESSEE! Seriously. I just have a bad feeling that this is a group of people thinking they can make a ton of money off of a poorly thrown together theme for a "theme" park. I mean, I know the name is not ultimately what is important...but I'm hoping that the developers will seriously look into improving their "theme." This isn't Florida or California. That's what the picture looks like.

It's just the beginning, though...I guess we should give them some time if they are going to seriously pursue this.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:18 PM

It all sounds too good to be true. Every time the guy listed a new, awesome item (Rides! Water park! 8,000 hotel rooms! 15,000 jobs! A charter school! An NBA team!) it reminded me of that old Tom Hanks movie Bachelor Party.
"Let's have a bachelor party with chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze!"

I can't find a working website for this magical company.

They haven't even bought the land, for Pete's sake. The mayor talked officials into rezoning it to commercial WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT WAS COMING. Now anyone could swoop in and build a strip mall or even an apartment complex if they wanted to.

Besides, the area probably doesn't have sewer yet! SO they aren't going to ask ANYTHING of the city? I guess the massive park will run on septic. And the roads!?? The windy two-lane roads?

Remember, this is the same city that just a few years ago said, "We're doing so well that we're gonna repeal our property tax!" Then three short years later they had to reinstate it.

Williamson Herald :: The Voice of America's Greatest County :: Williamson Herald :: The Voice of America's Greatest County

A history of poor management and less-than-stellar leadership.

Last edited by Wmsn4Life; 03-02-2011 at 04:27 PM..

Old 03-02-2011, 04:40 PM

551 posts, read 1,043,917 times
I have the distinct feeling this thing is never getting off the ground as planned.

The name of the company sounds like something a Chinese company would translate from Chinese to English in an instruction booklet .

The company is a subsidiary of this stellar company.

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...ticker=IACH:US

Then there's this...http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...-festival.html

I think somebody in the Spring Hill government got wined and dined in Vegas and is doing all this as a favor to the "businessman".

Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 PM

317 posts, read 410,484 times
at least we don't have to hear people complain about opryland anymore.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM

1,434 posts, read 1,965,757 times
With this announcement, it's looking more and more like Spring Hill will become the next La Vergne...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville