Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 PM

45 posts, read 90,887 times

Advertisements

I will spend a week in Nashville.
I live abroad and I am unable to bring my own cell phone.
Planning to rent a car and for precaution and my safety just in cases of emergency calls I would like t rent a cell phone for a week.
I googled it but zilch
Anybody please knows where I can rent a cell phone for a week.
Is there any services like that in BNA?
Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 11:05 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Just buy a cheap $10 phone at any Rite Aid and pay 10 cents per minute roughly in intervals of $10 or $20 cards.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:44 AM

45 posts, read 90,887 times
Default Thanks

Thanks, for you advice

Old 04-08-2011, 04:07 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Marico . . . I have just bought a cell phone for a friend of mine who is visiting from the UK. The cheapest phone was from AT&T and it's called a GoPhone. I bought it from Target and the phone was $15. I'm sure you could also buy one at WalMart or a drug store like Walgreens? I bought also a $15 card for the calls and signed up for Pay As You Go which is unlimited calls and text (inside the US) for $2 a day. He is only here for 5 days so it will work out fine for him. You could also do it by the minute and it's 10 cents a minute. You can also call Brazil (You're from Brazil, right?) 36 cents a minute. Information is here: att.com/gophone.

I activated the phone online BUT you can also activate it directly from the handset (after installing the sim card and battery that come with the $15 phone).

Other options are:
NET10.com
Tracfone.com
Verizonwireless.com/prepaid

I was unaware at how simple (and cheap) this is and it's great for visitors from overseas. It's difficult to find a pay phone that works. In fact, I can't think of ONE payphone in Nashville that I know of! There must be some at the airport???

Have a great trip!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Just an update on this cell phone thread.

I activated it online and then shipped it to his hotel in NY AND it worked like a charm.

Maybe it worked TOO well because he would call every half hour from NYC to get directions. I would literally look up his location on Google maps and say "hey, see that Starbucks on the opposite corner? Go towards it and then turn left in 3 blocks after Lee's Nail Salon, pink awning."

Am sure all the Pay-As-You-Go offered phones will work but the AT&T one was the cheapest for a short visit.

We understand he can buy a new SIM card when he returns to reactivate it. I am HOPING he gets another friend to do it. My head spins with tech stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville