U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-08-2011, 01:33 PM

2,892 posts, read 1,400,044 times
Do you know Mrs. Ward, the kindergarten teacher? She has been a teacher there for many years. She is easily one of the most amazing teachers I have ever met. Someone needs to clone her a few thousand times. We were lucky enough to have a preschool teacher that was trained by her, and she was amazing also.

They keep asking Mrs. Ward to go into administration, but she won't give up teaching. A few years ago she agreed to stop teaching for 1 year if they would let her go back at the end of the year. She spent that year working at Granbery helping all the teachers with their lesson plans and improving their teaching. I can't remember her exact title.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-08-2011, 02:19 PM

4,677 posts, read 3,710,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Do you know Mrs. Ward, the kindergarten teacher? She has been a teacher there for many years. She is easily one of the most amazing teachers I have ever met. Someone needs to clone her a few thousand times. We were lucky enough to have a preschool teacher that was trained by her, and she was amazing also.

They keep asking Mrs. Ward to go into administration, but she won't give up teaching. A few years ago she agreed to stop teaching for 1 year if they would let her go back at the end of the year. She spent that year working at Granbery helping all the teachers with their lesson plans and improving their teaching. I can't remember her exact title.
I don't remember a Mrs. Ward...but it's been 15 years since I even stepped foot inside the school (I still go to the park, and to recycling, but not inside). I imagine most of the teachers I remember are no longer there.

But yes, the school has always had a good reputation for good teachers and involved parents. I'm just glad that the school is no longer zoned for McMurray. When I was in school, kids went to Glendale for grades 5-6, then McMurray for 7-8. Now Granberry kids go to Oliver...that's hard to even imagine 15 years ago.

Unread 04-08-2011, 02:20 PM

59 posts, read 75,691 times
Thanks everyone. It's great to hear so many nice things about the location and neighborhoods. Woodlands is our favorite location for convenience. I know I like Granbery since my stepson attends there. We have 2 houses in Woodlands that we love, one we are making an offer on today. *fingers crossed*. there are several in Bradford that we like and will keep in mind as a backup plan in case they reject our offers.

Unread 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Oh and to respond to a few inquiries. We looked west of edmonson but they are a bit out of our budget. I've been in Nashville my whole life and have Belle Meade taste on a condo budget. I have talked to some potential neighbors in woodlands and they stressed how wonderful the neighborhood is. Really hoping this family takes our low ball offer!

Unread 04-08-2011, 02:41 PM

4,677 posts, read 3,710,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carazoe View Post
Oh and to respond to a few inquiries. We looked west of edmonson but they are a bit out of our budget. I've been in Nashville my whole life and have Belle Meade taste on a condo budget. I have talked to some potential neighbors in woodlands and they stressed how wonderful the neighborhood is. Really hoping this family takes our low ball offer!
It's good that you've talked to the neighbors...I hope everything works out!

After I asked if you had looked west of Edmondson, I looked at one of the real estate sites (Zillow) that shows a map of homes for sale...I didn't realize how much the "base" had risen over here. Even the ranch style houses are going for $300k+.

I saw a house I know on Cloverland Drive that is in horrible shape that's going for $300k. Why? It sits on 3 acres. The land is worth much more than the house itself.

Unread 04-08-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
It's good that you've talked to the neighbors...I hope everything works out!

After I asked if you had looked west of Edmondson, I looked at one of the real estate sites (Zillow) that shows a map of homes for sale...I didn't realize how much the "base" had risen over here. Even the ranch style houses are going for $300k+.

I saw a house I know on Cloverland Drive that is in horrible shape that's going for $300k. Why? It sits on 3 acres. The land is worth much more than the house itself.
3 acres is a TON in that area. There is a 2600sqft ranch off of edmonson listed at $230k and it doesnt look like it has been updated since it was built. Id prefer to go a few blocks east and get a 15year old house on half the lot that has stainless, granite and hard wood. Just me though.

oh, and i am so ready to stop looking at zillow. I've been on that site every day for the past 2 months. It's great, but i'll be happy when i dont have a reason to look at it any more. Realtracs.com really needs a map.

Unread 04-09-2011, 10:25 PM

190 posts, read 298,178 times
I'm just writing to comment on the schools. Shayne is an excellent elementary school. I have a first grader there. It seems impossible that she could have had a better kindergarten or first grade teacher. The principal and assistant principal are just wonderful. It is crowded though. They've had to add portables this year. Because they are so great, children out of zone are bussed there. The same thing happened at Oliver Middle. It's also a really good middle school.
Good luck with your offer! I like all the neighborhoods you've mentioned.

Unread 04-10-2011, 06:52 AM

9,273 posts, read 6,659,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carazoe View Post
3 acres is a TON in that area. There is a 2600sqft ranch off of edmonson listed at $230k and it doesnt look like it has been updated since it was built. Id prefer to go a few blocks east and get a 15year old house on half the lot that has stainless, granite and hard wood. Just me though.

oh, and i am so ready to stop looking at zillow. I've been on that site every day for the past 2 months. It's great, but i'll be happy when i dont have a reason to look at it any more. Realtracs.com really needs a map.
If you open an individual listing on Realtracs and click on the address, it links you to a map of the property.

I don't like Zillow because its schools info can be inaccurate. It will say you are only 3 miles from a school that actually is in another county and you're ineligible to attend.

Unread 04-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If you open an individual listing on Realtracs and click on the address, it links you to a map of the property.

I don't like Zillow because its schools info can be inaccurate. It will say you are only 3 miles from a school that actually is in another county and you're ineligible to attend.
Thats true but there is something I really like about Zillow's map that shows all the homes on the market and the price.

Unread 04-11-2011, 05:24 PM

They accepted our offer on the home in the Woodlands! Inspection is wednesday, anything I need to know about the inspection and closing process? I'm so excited but really worried that something is going to happen to screw it up. The home is only 16yrs old so its not like it will have problems like a 100year old home. Things still happen though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville