Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 PM

13 posts, read 31,563 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am relocating from Ohio in 2 weeks and I'm interested in coupon policies at grocery stores in the Nashville area. We will be living in Hendersonville, but the grocerys I've contacted all only double up to 50 cents. Up here they double up to 1.00. Are there any grocery stores with great coupon deals?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 PM

314 posts, read 1,036,702 times
kmart doubles up to .99 cents. harris teeter triples on certain days. I think its the 18th of each month. I'm also moving to the area and have been researching this.

Kroger
publix
winn dixie
whole foods
harris teeter
iga

Those are the stores. It would be nice if you could let me know their policies.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
kmart doubles up to .99 cents. harris teeter triples on certain days. I think its the 18th of each month. I'm also moving to the area and have been researching this.

Kroger
publix
winn dixie
whole foods
harris teeter
iga

Those are the stores. It would be nice if you could let me know their policies.
No Winn Dixie in Middle Tennessee. Nearest store would be in Alabama.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:31 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,377 times
Faithful Provisions ? Save Money. Live Generously. is a local blog with tips about matching coupons/sales to local stores.

I don't have the time to shop 6 grocery stores, but I know harris teeter doubles every day coupons up to 99 cents. About every 4-6 weeks they have triple coupons for coupons up to 99 cents. They also have regularly super double coupons where they double coupons up to $1.99 (cereal is NEVER on sale that week).

There aren't many coupons for the stuff I usually buy (usually just razors and such) but just stocking up and meal planning according the the weekly circular saves money.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 AM

59 posts, read 193,918 times
Harris Teeter has great deals on meat (their meat selection is also pretty good). Kroger has some good deals on breads and sometimes meat but it depends on which store you visit to get the best quality, some krogers are better than others. Trader joes has the best prices on canned goods, produce, frozen goods, and cheeses but they dont carry anything that you can find coupons for (I also rarely buy meat there). Walmart usually has the lowest prices on items that you can purchase with coupons but i think their meat and produce selection is pretty iffy. No clue on the coupon doubling days, if they even have one.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 AM

Which newspaper contains manufacturers coupons? I cannot get my hands on any since moving here.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,725,848 times
Sunday Tennessean, and you can usually buy it for a $1 a Kroger on Monday morning. (Regular price is $2).

I save the most shopping at Publix. My MOM's had some really big couponers in it, and they said Publix BOGOs with coupons usually resulted in the best deals. I also prefer their produce to Kroger and definitely to Walmart. And they take your groceries to your car, which I love when I am shopping with my baby.
Here's a great coupon match-up site:

Southern Savers – Weekly Ads, Couponing & Deals

I am only willing to shop once a week, so I shop only at Publix. But there are also some really great deals at Harris Teeter, and sometimes Kroger.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:51 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,253 times
Harris Teeter is going to be a long haul from Hendersonville. The closest store would be over on Hillsboro.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 AM

I bought that paper two sundays ago and there was nothing but store ads and store coupons. Did I get gypped out of the manufactures coupons or are they left out sometimes?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,119,732 times
Thanks to the popularity of the TLC show "extreme couponing" there are nutcases stealing the coupon inserts from newspapers, grabbing handfuls of newspapers from the vending machines, etc.
Good idea to check for the coupons before you pay for your paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville