U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 PM

572 posts, read 734,846 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Some friends and I will be traveling from Houston, TX to Nashville for the Fourth of July weekend and I was wondering what we should see/do? We'll be in Nashville for about two and a half days.

Aside from the grand ole opry what other things are there to do? Also, what nightlife is there?

Keeping in mind, my friends and I are in our mid 20s (two 24 year olds and three 25 year olds).

Thanks for your help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 AM

610 posts, read 791,955 times
Downtown is a must for tourists who like to bar hop. There's The Stage, Margaritaville, Paradise Park (looks like a trailer park inside) The Big Bang (dueling piano bar). Downtown is great rowdy fun, especially on holiday weekends. Demonbreum is another locale, check Dan McGuiness and Tin Roof. Nearby begins Midtown, where the bars are a little more understated, my favorite is the Broadway Brewhouse, but there's also Rebar, Red Door, and The Tavern is new and has amazing food, albeit a little pricey. Southstreet is in the area too, a honky tonk crabshack, dive bar with yummy food. Another place that has good food nearby and has tapas (lots little appetizers) is the Cabana.
Stuff to do:could rent a pontoon boat and take it on one of the nearby lakes (Old Hickory, Percy Priest), picnic Arrington Vineyards (winery owned by Brooks of Brooks and Dunn), go for some redneck lake fun on Nashville Shores, shop in Green Hills...If you're staying in a hotel, may want to find one with a pool, gets hot here, but I imagine TX is hotter.
You can google all these places for more info, feel free to PM me with questions.
Have fun!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:26 AM

105 posts, read 120,121 times
Check out the Gulch for great restaurants as well.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Yes, Gulch has great restaurants. Check into Whiskey Kitchen, Virago, Urban Flatbread.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM

Thanks guys! I'm googling these places and they all look awesome! Keep the suggestions coming! My friends and I are having a "planning" happy hour next week so it'd be great to be able to print this stuff and bring it to the table.

Hope everybody is having a great week!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Jackson's for brunch and mimosas one late morning. If you have foursquare, they have some discounts. Great for people-watching on Hillsboro from its patio.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM

389 posts, read 609,386 times
The Hot Chicken Festival is that weekend as well in East Park, across the river in East Nashville. There are lots of booths for hot chicken and there's also a beer tent.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 PM

214 posts, read 351,783 times
If you're going to be in town on the 4th, the fireworks show is fantastic!

Old 06-03-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueNashville View Post
If you're going to be in town on the 4th, the fireworks show is fantastic!

Awww man!! The 4th is actually when we're leaving-have to be back in the office on the 5th :-(

Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 AM

76 posts, read 102,606 times
Nash Trash Tours is awesome.........nashtrash.com is the site if you want to check it out....I went with some friends and we had an absolute blast! The theme is country music stuff mixed in with comedy....Not a country fan here but still had a great time.....It is something that is completely mindless and off the wall.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville