Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 02:18 PM

5 posts, read 8,713 times

Advertisements

I have been looking at some apartments in the Madison area. Would this be considered a safe/nice part of Nashville? Any other knowledge of Madison would be greatly appreciated.

Also how rough is the commute from this neighborhood to Murfreesboro?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 02:40 PM

215 posts, read 682,018 times
You might want to look at this thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/nashv...area-live.html!

Last edited by goodman2; 06-18-2011 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Needed To Change Something

Old 06-18-2011, 07:19 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Madison is generally dicey. It's got it's decent spots, but in general it has fallen from its glory days. I don't think I would lump it in with the most dangerous neighborhoods, but there is certainly an element of crime present.

But if your job is in Murfreesboro, I would strongly advise you to not choose Madison. If you're working in Murfreesboro, I would suggest looking in Rutherford County first...perhaps Smyrna if you would prefer being a little closer to Nashville.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:23 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoten View Post
I have been looking at some apartments in the Madison area. Would this be considered a safe/nice part of Nashville? Any other knowledge of Madison would be greatly appreciated.

Also how rough is the commute from this neighborhood to Murfreesboro?

What part of Madison?

Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 AM

The graybrook/graycroft apartments specifically. I need to be relatively close to both Nashville and Murfreesboro and I heard the drive to Mboro for Nashville is easier than vice versa during the morning rush.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:40 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
I-65 in that area is very busy in the morning with people from Hendersonville, etc going South into Nashville. You could catch Ellington Pkwy down to I-24 and then off to M'boro. Getting thru Downtown & heading SE to the Boro will take a while depending on what time of day you're traveling.

You would be better off 1/2 way in between the 2 cities ... but the Graycroft area is fairly quiet. I like it.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:14 PM

49 posts, read 86,008 times
I live in Madison and it is OK. The crime rate isnt great but not terrible.. though crime is generally higher in apartment complexes as opposed to neighborhoods. One good thing about Madison is its in a good location.

Its about 45 mins from Murfreesboro so its a pretty good commute.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:58 PM

Thank you guys for your help. I am headed down tomorrow to check out a few places. I have been hearing the same stuff about each area, its "hit or miss." I am leaning more towards the Smyrna/ Murfreesboro areas but keeping Graycroft open.

I am going to contact a realtor when i get in and see if they know of anything in between that would be affordable and safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville