U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-10-2008, 09:29 AM
 
8 posts, read 12,708 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

..I really like this neighborhood. I think what might worry some folks is the proximity to the Antioch area. If you like the feel of this neighborhood, but worry about that- check out Carother's Crossing, which is actually in Nolensville. It's going to be GORGEOUS out there- the builders have done a spectacular job of planning that community- and it's a Nolensville address, which means the schools are better and the taxes are cheaper. Right now, they have some "bungalows" available that are TO DIE FOR- loaded with granite and stainless steel appliances- just really adorable- and I think that is going to be THE neighborhood in a couple of years. There will be little shops in there, and restaurants-it's like "Mayberry". Prices of homes start in the 160's and go all the way up to the 700's.
One thing to be VERY CAREFUL of, when considering new construction, is the solvency of the development. I would caution anyone against buying where there is only one builder- too many people have bought new homes in a subdivision, and then the builder goes belly-up and leaves the development in a state of ruin- and there goes your investment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2008, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Windermere, FL
37 posts, read 79,709 times
Reputation: 23
Default Lenox Village - which schools do they go to?

Hi there,

I somehow can't figure out where the kids go that live in Lenox Village? Elem, MS and HS. Can someone help?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Blackwater Park
1,716 posts, read 4,833,202 times
Reputation: 542
Did you try the MNPS website? I think they have a zone/cluster look-up feature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
3,537 posts, read 5,117,085 times
Reputation: 1078
According to what is listed on Realtracs, Elementary: May Werthan Shayne Elementary, Middle: William Henry Oliver Middle School and High: John Overton Comp. High School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,866 posts, read 6,179,570 times
Reputation: 620
Steve is right as they are the same schools where I live.

The Middle and Grade school are located off of Nolensville Road, close to Lenox Village. They are fairly new.
The HS John Overton is quite a distance. Its off Franklin Road in the Forest Hills area of Nashville.

Diane G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:30 PM
 
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
3,537 posts, read 5,117,085 times
Reputation: 1078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Steve is right as they are the same schools where I live.

The Middle and Grade school are located off of Nolensville Road, close to Lenox Village. They are fairly new.
The HS John Overton is quite a distance. Its off Franklin Road in the Forest Hills area of Nashville.

Diane G
I was thinking that Overton is a ways from Lenox Village. Quite a bus ride or drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
214 posts, read 351,192 times
Reputation: 172
We're out this way and have a daughter at Overton. It takes about 18 minutes from our house to drive over if there's not much traffic. It's necessary to avoid Old Hickory Blvd during peak times, but that's pretty easy to navigate around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,866 posts, read 6,179,570 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueNashville View Post
We're out this way and have a daughter at Overton. It takes about 18 minutes from our house to drive over if there's not much traffic. It's necessary to avoid Old Hickory Blvd during peak times, but that's pretty easy to navigate around.
How is your daughter doing at Overton? I remember when you were concerned about the school.
My daughter took the bus when she went there. I live off Holt and Edmonson.
She is now a Sophomore at MTSU.


Diane G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
214 posts, read 351,192 times
Reputation: 172
So far, so good at Overton! Thanks for asking. Our daughter is in the band, so we haven't really seen her for the past 2 months. I'm exaggerating, of course, but only a little! She's loving it though.

She usually rides the bus to school in the morning and has to be at the bus stop at 6:00. I think that's ridiculously early, considering school starts at 7:05. They arrive at school before 6:30 and just sit on the bus until the doors of the school are unlocked. It seems they could do the pick up at least 25 minutes later and still be on time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 11:24 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,866 posts, read 6,179,570 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueNashville View Post
So far, so good at Overton! Thanks for asking. Our daughter is in the band, so we haven't really seen her for the past 2 months. I'm exaggerating, of course, but only a little! She's loving it though.

She usually rides the bus to school in the morning and has to be at the bus stop at 6:00. I think that's ridiculously early, considering school starts at 7:05. They arrive at school before 6:30 and just sit on the bus until the doors of the school are unlocked. It seems they could do the pick up at least 25 minutes later and still be on time.
We had a 6:15 pickup and she to sat outside the doors on the bus also.
I'm happy to hear your daughter is doing fine there.

Diane G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top