U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
 
1 posts, read 5,056 times
Reputation: 10
I would not recommend buying in Lenox Village; it has been a problem from the beginning. Also, I have a friend that just moved to Lenox of Smryna and he is very unhappy about the quality of the house. Go talk to some of the people who have recently moved in houses there. I bet you will hear a lot of negative things. The quality is terrible.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,301 posts, read 4,143,123 times
Reputation: 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenjk View Post
I would not recommend buying in Lenox Village; it has been a problem from the beginning. Also, I have a friend that just moved to Lenox of Smryna and he is very unhappy about the quality of the house. Go talk to some of the people who have recently moved in houses there. I bet you will hear a lot of negative things. The quality is terrible.
The OP was from 2007, but just so you know, I agree with you completely. Lenox Village is a step above Lake Forest Estates when it comes to construction quality. It was a "slap 'em up as fast as you can get the materials" development, and many - including a friend of mine - are now paying the price.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 PM
 
Location: SC
209 posts, read 474,479 times
Reputation: 83
I can agree with you 100% about Lenox Village construction quality. We just moved out of a townhouse yesterday, and while living there for the last 2 years, we had so many problems with our townhouse. Mostly plumbing issues, but foundation issues as well. The builder is Regent Homes, so be sure to stay away from anything subdivision where they are the only builders.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Nashville
48 posts, read 112,506 times
Reputation: 27
I was just in Lenox Village this week and for the most part I think it's a solid neighborhood. What I like is that there has been a building trend nationally for walkable communities with front porch architecture, parks, retail and restaurants so that owners don't have to spend all their free time in their cars getting to places. What I like about Lenox is that it's proximity to Nashville, Brentwood, Cool Springs etc. makes it really convenient. Most of the planned communities I have been to are farther out. My only complaint about Lenox is that after a few years, there is a little more wear and tear to the homes than I would like to see which makes me question the quality of construction and how well the homes will hold up over time. There are a # of developments springing up in the area so depending on your time frame, you might be able to buy something and enjoy both the tax cut as well as have some ability to customize and still enjoy some of the great retail in the area.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,301 posts, read 4,143,123 times
Reputation: 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGreenNashville View Post
My only complaint about Lenox is that after a few years, there is a little more wear and tear to the homes than I would like to see which makes me question the quality of construction and how well the homes will hold up over time.
The quality of construction at Lenox Village is atrocious. It is a step above Lake Forest Estates in LaVergne. I know several people who moved there when it was the "hot new place" and they are all having MAJOR problems. The "village" concept is kinda neat, the location is convenient, but the workmanship is just plan bad.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 12:46 PM
 
Location: SC
209 posts, read 474,479 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
The quality of construction at Lenox Village is atrocious. It is a step above Lake Forest Estates in LaVergne. I know several people who moved there when it was the "hot new place" and they are all having MAJOR problems. The "village" concept is kinda neat, the location is convenient, but the workmanship is just plan bad.
Listen to him!! I just moved out of Lenox Village after living there in a brand new townhome for 2 years and the construction quality is horrible. We had so many issues from plumbing to foundation issues, it was ridiculous.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
 
297 posts, read 732,524 times
Reputation: 157
I know it's a small sample, but I know 3 people who have lived at Lenox Village for a couple of years now. They've had no issues with the aformentioned construction problems. They love their apartment and the neighborhood.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 AM
 
75 posts, read 88,474 times
Reputation: 57
Default Lenox Village

Does anyone live in Lenox Village? What are your thoughts? Positives? Negatives? I am planning on moving to the area in the next few months. I found what seems to be a pretty nice house in Lenox Village to rent. And in about a year I would like to buy and if I liked it I would love to stay in Lenox Village but am curious about your opinions.
Thanks!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Florida
2,301 posts, read 4,143,123 times
Reputation: 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoosten View Post
Does anyone live in Lenox Village? What are your thoughts? Positives? Negatives? I am planning on moving to the area in the next few months. I found what seems to be a pretty nice house in Lenox Village to rent. And in about a year I would like to buy and if I liked it I would love to stay in Lenox Village but am curious about your opinions.
Thanks!
The biggest negative with Lenox Village is that the construction quality is HORRIBLE. It ranks down there with Lake Forest Estates in LaVergne. The location is convenient enough and I might be willing to rent there for a year if the homeowner/landlord agreed to handle all maintenance. No way I would buy something there, though.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2010, 06:58 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,577 times
Reputation: 12
Wow, I don't know what part of Lenox you LIVE in... but the quality of my town house and everyone I’ve been in here is awesome. The only thing we have had is the normal nail pops from the house settling. They came out and fixed them all the next day and painted them for us. The neighborhood is awesome, walk to everything. the people couldn't be better! everyone I meet around here is very nice and down to earth. To say that the quality is that of ANYTHING in Lavergne is crazy... but thanks for your input "pimpy". I've lived here for four years now and i sadly lived in lavergne before here... there is no comparison in quality to Lenox to lavergne.... The model homes are always open come check them out! and if you want to see how the people are come out when there is a festival going on. "boo n brew" on Halloween, cinco de mayo bash, and during the summer there is always little parties on the green, great to meet the neighbors and relax. It is unlike any other neighborhood I’ve very lived in and defiantly doesn't need a police hub like lavergne...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top