U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM

36 posts, read 60,182 times
Default Seriously need a Mom's Day Out or Early Preschool in Brentwood.

Hi everyone,
We're moving to Brentwood August 1st and I need to find a place for my 2 1/2 year old daughter to go a few hours a week. I don't know anyone in the area to help with babysitting, so I thought a MDO or preschool would be a good option.
I hear these are usually booked and have a waiting list. Do you know of any that usually have openings? I'm getting worried that I won't have any time to get things done without taking along my 2 year old once we're there!
Thanks!
PS My daughter isn't potty trained. Do they usually require 2 year olds to be potty trained?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 AM

1,676 posts, read 2,377,857 times
The 2 year old slots are generally the hardest to get, but just call around. I know Berry's Chapel and Grassland Baptist have a sign out saying they are enrolling.

I don't think any require 2 year olds to potty train, but almost all require 3 year olds. My kids school doesn't require 3yr olds to be potty train and I'm forever thankful because of mine weren't ready at 3, not even close.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:41 AM

228 posts, read 277,636 times
When you first hit the ground, there is a very nice drop in style - privately run business, newer, clean - The Childrens Playroom Drop In Center (615)371.5279 (director Gini Langham, web site The Children's Playroom (http://www.thechildrensplayroom.com/thechildrensplayroom/page.html - broken link)).

And here are some online listings for longer term solutions and providers in Brentwood National Child Care Connection™ - Search for Daycares, Care Givers, and Child Care Providers in Brentwood, Tennessee

Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 PM

54 posts, read 61,725 times
I used this website when I was looking. It is part of Nashville Parent and lists all the MDO's by County and most list their prices and the ages.
Parents' Day Out Programs - Kids' Health - Parent World (http://parentworld.com/kids-health/parents-day-out-programs - broken link)

Old 07-12-2011, 06:30 PM

15 posts, read 26,134 times
I'm pretty sure there are openings at Forest Hills Baptist, both of my children went there. They only offer 2 days a week though. I moved my son to Berry's Chapel last year (love it!) so he can go 3 days a week this coming fall. I looked at Grassland as well but decided on Berry's Chapel. According to these 3 centers (especially Forest Hills Baptist), enrollment has been down the last couple of years.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,821,632 times
Did you say in another post that you are moving to East Brentwood? I would start with East Brentwood Presbyterian. They have a great program. You could also try the YMCA preschool, call the Brentwood Y for details. It meets at a church on Wilson Pike. Two other good programs that are reasonably close to you are Brentwood Baptist and Brentwood Methodist. All of these would generally be full by now, but you might get lucky. I know East Brentwood and Brentwood Baptist weren't as full as usual last year.
Hope that helps!

Old 07-15-2011, 08:00 PM

85 posts, read 278,148 times
My daughter went to MDO at Community Bible Church on Edmondson Pike before going to East Brentwood Presbyterian Church Preschool. I'd recommend both places.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,070 times
Default alternative to MDO

If the MDO programs that you check out are full (which is always highly likely in this area) or you just decide that you want something more for your child, check out Montessori School of Franklin. They have a half day program that starts at 30 months. It's five days a week, but when my son started at 3, I just didn't bring him all five days. Great place, super loving teachers, nice community of parents. Oh and potty trained not a prerequisite.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:30 PM

12,360 posts, read 9,698,362 times
Concord Road Church of Christ says they are taking applications on their sign out front. So does New Hope Community Church on Wilson Pike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville