Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 AM

461 posts, read 922,618 times

Advertisements

Like others have said, follow your interests. If you take part in different things in the city, you have a better chance of meeting people, especially ones who share your interests. If you're getting out, you're also staying away from the asocial apartment complex. Be brave!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 12:49 PM

19 posts, read 51,494 times
I am from the North and find the South quite hard to establish new friends in. It's very insular. Everyone knows everyone, goes to the same churches, etc. They have an established network and don't really let new people in. I'm hoping to move back North as soon as finances allow.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 AM

46 posts, read 135,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImComingHome View Post
I am from the North and find the South quite hard to establish new friends in. It's very insular. Everyone knows everyone, goes to the same churches, etc. They have an established network and don't really let new people in. I'm hoping to move back North as soon as finances allow.

Ditto. I am moving back North in a month...and I'm counting the days. Nashville is a nice place to visit but I think it's better suited for families .,,there's just not enough here to keep me interested.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:40 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
Interesting. I'm from CT and I really love it here. I thought people in CT (where I grew up and lived on and off for many years) were stand offish. And busy. Always so busy. Talking on cell phones and brushing past you without looking. I never felt the warmth I feel here. (And I'm not talking about the HEAT!)

But I think people feel most comfortable with like minded friends. Be it politics, religion, food choice?

Wish both northerners well with their move 'home'!

Home IS where the heart is!

All the best.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:15 PM

213 posts, read 769,856 times
How about Events and Adventures? I always hear it advertised on the radio, sounds like it might be a good way to meet other people.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 AM

34 posts, read 87,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhnd View Post
How about Events and Adventures? I always hear it advertised on the radio, sounds like it might be a good way to meet other people.
SCAM. Google it.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:58 PM

356 posts, read 1,129,162 times
Look into volunteer opportunities with an organization like Hands on Nashville.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,522 times
I grew up in Brentwood, so I'm sort of from here. But it's been almost 10 years since I've actually lived here and had my own social life - and boy it's a different place being a 20-something in Nashville. I kind of agree that "the north" (I went to school in New York), is a lot different and easier to make your way into a social circle. And there's nothing here but bars that I've seen so far! I don't mind bars, but it just gets old after a while. Are there any fun dancing places to go to? But I'm willing to give Nashville a try - it is a lot bigger than it was 10 years ago!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:12 PM

25 posts, read 65,420 times
It all depends on the person you are. If you are a person that waits for somone to come talk to you, then yeah you will have a hard time meeting people. If you are not afraid to initiate conversations and keep in contact with people, then you shouldn't have a hard time. Once you are in your 20's, if you are relocating to a new city you will more than likely form a social circle through contacts at work, church, gym, or associations (volunteer groups, ect.)

If that doesnt work, Craigslist personal ads maybe? (just kidding )

Old 02-26-2016, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 653 times
Hey I'm new to Nashville as well and use to teach line dancing! Looking to meet new friends to go out with! Wanting to meet some girls that I can grab drinks with on the occasional night out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: