U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:04 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,284,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
I had a question about Monells . . . by "family style" do you mean if I went alone, I would be given a 'new' family to eat with? What if they didn't like me and kept the mashed potatoes at the far end of the table????
I have eaten at Monell's alone...it's not awkward so long as you go when it's fairly busy. I've heard of people going there when it is dead and you're pretty much forced to make conversation. But yeah, they usually will wait a few minutes if there's only a small group so they can get more people at the tables.

But yeah, if they didn't like you, you could always just spit in the food before passing it on to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
Bluebird looks like a great place. Will certainly be making reservations for Friday or Saturday. I'm a big fan of 'underground' country, its just a bit hard to come across in the midwest.
Not sure what Underground country is...any artists I might know?

If you're looking for something away from mainstream country then you really might consider checking out the Family Wash. They usually have a fairly eclectic group of artists that play there. Singer/songwriter types quite frequently, folky/Americana/John Prine/Todd Snider-ish like artists, but then occasionally rock guys like Reeves Gabrels will come by and play a set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,693,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
If you're looking for something away from mainstream country then you really might consider checking out the Family Wash. They usually have a fairly eclectic group of artists that play there. Singer/songwriter types quite frequently, folky/Americana/John Prine/Todd Snider-ish like artists, but then occasionally rock guys like Reeves Gabrels will come by and play a set.
By underground I just mean non mainstream. I love to follow an artist from singing at some local bar to the top 40. Where as I love artists like Toby, Braid Paisley, Eric Church i cant stand being in some huge venue with 20k other people.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:16 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,091,449 times
Don . . . wanna have dinner with me? Monells? We should have a 'board lunch" there . . .

101 - Here is the website for Family Wash:
Family Wash

I've seen Brad Paisley jogging in front of my friend's house. I know where he lives. You can see the tour buses from Google Earth!

I went to the Bridgestone Arena this weekend and there were a million zillion people there BUT we had very decent seats (section 107) and I am now considering seeing Keith Urban there this weekend. It was not nearly as bad as I thought. But I totally understand.

The Ryman is big-ish but does have an intimate feel about it.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:28 PM

610 posts, read 726,533 times
Arrington Vineyards is another suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville