Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 07:47 AM

610 posts, read 1,622,749 times

Advertisements

Born in Jackson, MS, lived in Dublin, Ireland as a young child then Knoxville, TN for 24 years, been in Nashville over a year now...Hubs born and raised in Murfreesboro, lived in Knoxville the past 10 years before our move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,465,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngleDave View Post
Grew up in Inglewood and have migrated back. It was probably Don's car I hit with all those water balloons and bottle rockets behind Madison Square. No offense, Don, a target was a target. lol
Understood. And I apologize for all the Nashville one-fingered salutes I may have given you while driving through Inglewood and East Nasty.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,321,300 times
Nashville born and raised. The only other city I have lived in is Knoxville (for college)...but I've traveled a bit (45 states) and there are other places I could see myself living...but this will always be "home."

Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM

126 posts, read 326,791 times
I am a Nashville native. I grew up in Franklin TN. before there was a Cool Springs or anything that is there now. I did move out of TN for a while. I lived in Baltimore, MD for about 2 years and in Atlanta, GA for about 2 1/2 years.

I live in Inglewood now and do like it but could definitely see myself living somewhere else. I have traveled quite a bit.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,084,478 times
Very interesting to hear of everyone's provenance . . . I would have suspected Don was born and raised here. You seem to be the "alpha male" of the board!

Airen - Dublin! How fun. One of the coldest nights I've EVER spent was in Dublin - at a youth hostel - in a bed by a door with a draft.

Mlp - I am really enjoying here but I can see living somewhere else eventually. I have very itchy feet and could easily be one of those people who retires overseas. Of course, by then I'll be in my early 90's . . . .

IngleDave . . just how long were you in NYC . . 6 months? A month? A week???

A year or so after college, inspired by Mary Tyler Moore, I did give Minneapolis a try. Couldn't hack the winter. Didn't last 6 months and never threw my tam-o-shanter in the air. Moved back to the milder climes of New England.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:19 PM

597 posts, read 2,107,507 times
It was only 3+months, but did have a job, an office in the MUNY Bldg, grocery shopping in the Village by subway, lived two blocks from Herald Square. Did many things, some I tell, some I don't.

I squeezed an awful lot into that stay and lost 30 pounds in only a few weeks. Walk walk walk walk walk walk...

I go back fairly often. Just love the place.

Of course, then, there's that cross country trip in the back seat of a 1975 Mustang across the lower U.S. in the 80s to move to L.A. That long drive across the Texas night(s) listening to Mother Divine on the radio still haunts me.

But that's another story.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:10 PM

26 posts, read 82,544 times
Moved to Franklin from the Chicago area in 2009.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 PM

164 posts, read 398,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
A year or so after college, inspired by Mary Tyler Moore, I did give Minneapolis a try. Couldn't hack the winter. Didn't last 6 months and never threw my tam-o-shanter in the air. Moved back to the milder climes of New England.
Funny! We were living in New Hampshire when my husband got a job with headquarters in Golden Valley, MN. He is there for trainings 3 to 6 times per year. I actually visited him there one Super Bowl weekend and again in the summer.

While Minnesota is definitely beautiful and I love to visit, it is much colder in the winter and much hotter in the summer than New Hampshire ever was. So glad we relocated to Middle TN.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:19 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,620,919 times
Moved from NJ to Nashville in 94 and Nashville to Murfreesboro in 2000.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:17 AM

150 posts, read 441,121 times
Originally from Columbia, SC. Moved to the burbs of Raleigh, NC in 2005 and here in 2008. So love it here and hope I never leave unless I strike it rich and can afford to live in Northern CA! LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville