Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 11,717 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to Nashville. I am a single 33 year old woman. How is the single life there for 30 somethings? Very many educated single men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 03:55 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,052,833 times
We've got ALL types here! I have no way of knowing if YOUR Mr. Right is here waiting for you or not. But downtown Nashville is kicking on a Saturday night . . .

Old 08-10-2011, 05:39 PM

374 posts, read 689,961 times
Have you read this thread? Not sure if/how you can link it.

30 year old single professional considering moving home - needs advice! (Knoxville: attorney, college)

Maybe if we're lucky Pimpy and mcredux will resume their, um, debate.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,430,365 times
I've got 4 single friends in their early 30s...all educated and with good jobs. So yes, they're here. Nashville boasts a large amount of colleges and universities so by and large that age group is well educated here. And since we have so many professional type jobs here with several high profile corporations being here (HCA, Nissan, etc) it helps in that department as well. Several areas of town that singles tend to congregate are the Gulch, 12South, East Nashville, and West End/Hillsboro Village.

As Countrygirl said...who knows if Mr. Right is here, but you should be able to find a good selection here.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:25 AM

286 posts, read 697,347 times
It depends on where you are moving from....

If you're coming from a small midwestern/southern town, then Nashville guys will seem like George Clooney.

If you're coming from from a large world-class city, then Nashville guys will seem like George Costanza.

That being said, dating in the South tends to really lag behind the rest of the nation. Many hangups down here for both men and women. But if you're coming from another southern city, you're probably already used to it.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:02 AM

597 posts, read 2,100,337 times
You never disappoint us, mcredux. George Costanza. I needed that chuckle.

"BUT I WAS IN THE POOL!"

Old 08-12-2011, 01:06 PM

56 posts, read 175,194 times
Default mcredux please elaborate

As someone seriously considering a move to Nashville, I just have to ask you to tastefully explain what you regard as the hangups of Nashville men and women; as opposed to men and women of other more enlightened cities.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:16 AM

46 posts, read 135,060 times
Is he pitching or catching? The Nashville area "How do they get together and procreate here?" mystery continues. DUN DUN DUN.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:32 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,003,092 times
If you are attractive, childless, and baggage-free, you should be in high demand and won't have any trouble finding quality dudes to date.

I have been back and forth with mcredux several times regarding the dating scene in Nashville. My humble opinion is that anyone who blames the scene itself for his inability to score in a city as large as Nashville should redirect his attention to the mirror when searching out someone to blame.

I never had any problems succeeding in the dating game in Nashville. However, my biggest complaint with 30-something single women was that most of them had one or two kids already and many had been married and had the associated baggage. Take it from a nearly-30, educated, single male that if these factors don't apply to you, you will be a hot commodity.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:09 PM

374 posts, read 689,961 times
I'm not sure a 30-something female (or most females) view dating as a sport, with "scoring" as the prime objective. mcredux is talking about suitable matches (or even kindred spirits?). Pimpy is talking about a match of a different sort, a competition where you win or lose. Is this just the typical Venus/Mars perspective thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: