U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-31-2011, 06:56 AM

297 posts, read 582,831 times
Default Line Dance Group?

Hi,

does anyone know a group which is teaching line dance for free?

Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 AM

637 posts, read 712,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
Hi,

does anyone know a group which is teaching line dance for free?

Thank you
Yes, if you are talking about line dancing to hip hop, r&b, dance music, dances like cupid shuffle, and more advanced shufffle line dances you can go to club Sensations on Sunday night off of Trinity lane. It cost $5 to get in, free buffet. Yes, the club looks very hood, as well as the area, but on Sunday night it is strictly adults (safe) for line dancing only. They line dance from 5 to 11 and there are teachers to teach for free, as everybody does the steps. There are tons of line dances such as the Big Dummy, Jamie Fox, James Brown, Michael Jackson, The twist, Chuck Baby, Bikers Hustle, just to name a few, so many I can't even think of all of them. You will get a work out, great way to loose weight!!!!
Now if you are talking about country line dancing sorry, I don't know about those but I'm sure someone can assist you on that.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM

297 posts, read 582,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
Now if you are talking about country line dancing sorry, I don't know about those but I'm sure someone can assist you on that.
Yes, that's what I am talking about. Didn't know that there were other line dance styles too.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 AM

637 posts, read 712,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
Yes, that's what I am talking about. Didn't know that there were other line dance styles too.
Yes, tons of them. May be known as shuffles or twines as well. There was actually a competition this past week end at the place I mentioned on the earlier post. You and all should try them out along with the country lines dances. The other dance style line dances range from easy to very strategic and difficult. You should look them up on YouTube.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM

1,284 posts, read 2,017,272 times
Meetup.com has several groups.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,091,449 times
The Wildhorse Saloon downtown has line dancing classes 'free' to patrons. So order some fried pickles and git your dancin' shoes on! Here is a link to their "entertainment" schedule:

Entertainment - Wildhorse Saloon

Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,453,259 times
There's country line dancing at the Beech Cumberland Presbyterian Church - 3216 Long Hollow Pike, Hendersonville, TN

Hendersonville Line Dancers (Hendersonville, TN) - Meetup

Old 09-01-2011, 07:41 AM

1,284 posts, read 2,017,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
The Wildhorse Saloon downtown has line dancing classes 'free' to patrons. So order some fried pickles and git your dancin' shoes on! Here is a link to their "entertainment" schedule:

Entertainment - Wildhorse Saloon

I took one batch of company to this and it really was fun. Had a couple beers and we were there for a long time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville