Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,631 times

Advertisements

Hii my name is kyle and I live in southern California and am looking for a change and seeing what else is out there. I'm lookin to move to Nashville because I have heard it's a beautiful place to live and at the same time a fun place to visit so I'm seeing if I would wanna live out there or take a trip and see if I like it but I am also curious as to how the living is there ,the weather, jobs, the city, the housing and apartments, the good and bad areas, which place to live and everything about it. I'm 21 and still young and want a change so if you could tell me some things and help out that would be great! thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,309 times
There are a lot of CA transplants here. If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest you scan through the threads on this forum and take some notes...I'll bet you find all the information you're looking for!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:40 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
What kind of 'change' are you looking to make? LA has EVERYTHING but the traffic is rough. We don't have everything but we do have green hills!

"Change" is pretty varied. I mean, it's open for interpretation.

Tell us more . . . .

Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,631 times
well where I live it's alot of selfish people who have a bunch of money and think there **** don't stink haha and I wanna meet new people and just live in a different area then where I am now and see how different it is. I want a different scenery and to meet new people. and I will look at some new threads ad see what I can find. thanks

Old 09-12-2011, 10:47 AM

39 posts, read 91,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kperez9 View Post
well where I live it's alot of selfish people who have a bunch of money and think there **** don't stink haha and I wanna meet new people and just live in a different area then where I am now and see how different it is. I want a different scenery and to meet new people. and I will look at some new threads ad see what I can find. thanks
I know a lot of LA people here in Nashville.
It's not as 'country' as it sells itself.
It's touristy part plays that part up, but it's much more normal and 'funky' than people realize.
East Nashville is pretty much like West Hollywood, Brentwood, TN is like Brentwood (lol) etc.
Let me know what you are looking for and I will try to help you nail that area down.
My daughter is moving to LA but not because she doesn't love it here. This is where she'd live if she didn't have to be in LA.
The only draw back I see here is the lack of a beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville