Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:41 PM

131 posts, read 648,399 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,
I am giving some serious thought to moving down to Nashville this fall. I currently live in Indianapolis, even though I am not from here originally. Anyway, I would like to get your opinion. I once read, and I beg your pardon for not recalling the source that the available single ladies in the Nashville area are only attracted to the struggling recording artists who look like male models in many cases. Consequently, according to what I read a nice guy (Like myself, for instance) who decides to move here is going to be out of luck when it comes to meeting a nice southern gal. Your comments and opinions are most welcome. Have a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 05:26 PM

156 posts, read 680,099 times
if your are sincere and ~real~ you will not have any problem.
..struggling recording artists~ well they are all over.....and believe me..they all do not look like male models....
If a girl is looking to hook up with a guy because of his future potential in any business............well, who needs her!

Old 08-18-2007, 05:42 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
I actually find part of your post funny (no offense meant whatsoever). Most single females in Nashville won't go near someone trying to break into the music business, at least for a serious relationship. There's exceptions, of course, but struggling musicians rank somewhere between homeless winos and used car salemen here (no offense meant to homeless winos either . . . personally, I'd rather hang out with the winos).

Last edited by alleycat; 08-18-2007 at 07:12 PM..

Old 08-18-2007, 11:54 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikrich View Post
Hi folks,
I am giving some serious thought to moving down to Nashville this fall. I currently live in Indianapolis, even though I am not from here originally. Anyway, I would like to get your opinion. I once read, and I beg your pardon for not recalling the source that the available single ladies in the Nashville area are only attracted to the struggling recording artists who look like male models in many cases. Consequently, according to what I read a nice guy (Like myself, for instance) who decides to move here is going to be out of luck when it comes to meeting a nice southern gal. Your comments and opinions are most welcome. Have a good one.
There are over 300,000 females living in the city of Nashville. It's kind of funny to think that they all think the same and are looking for the same kind of men. If that were the case, there would be a whole lot of unhappy women in Nashville. How many struggling recording artists are there anyway?

Old 08-19-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I actually find part of your post funny (no offense meant whatsoever). Most single females in Nashville won't go near someone trying to break into the music business, at least for a serious relationship. There's exceptions, of course, but struggling musicians rank somewhere between homeless winos and used car salemen here (no offense meant to homeless winos either . . . personally, I'd rather hang out with the winos).
Is that right? Well, I appreciate your response even though it was not my intention to be funny when I posted that inquiry in the first place. I had doubts about that in the first place, but I wanted to elicit some replies from nice folks like yourself. You have confirmed what I suspected, and I thank you.

Last edited by Rikrich; 08-19-2007 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: I made a typo. Sorry about that

Old 08-19-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
There are over 300,000 females living in the city of Nashville. It's kind of funny to think that they all think the same and are looking for the same kind of men. If that were the case, there would be a whole lot of unhappy women in Nashville. How many struggling recording artists are there anyway?
Hi, thanks for the reply. As I related to another nice person who responded to my original posting I had my doubts about that but still wanted to get some responses. You made an excellent point, and I thank you my friend.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:46 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
If you can't score in this town, you're not trying. Go to any of the downtown bars on a Friday or Saturday night, it's wall to wall women. If you have the self-confidence to walk up and talk to them like you've known them your whole life, you'll have more dates than you know what to do with. To think that they only go for broke-ass struggling musician jokers is preposterous.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:07 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
How to identify a struggling musician in Nashville . . .

1) They carry a guitar case everywhere they go (they have to, they got no home).

2) They wear a cowboy hat and/or a duster (black being the preferred color).

3) They use phrases such as, "Have you got twenty dollars I could borrow?" and "Can I stay at your place for a few days . . . darn landlord done kicked me out."

4) They have a scruffy beard or moustache (gives them that Willie Nelson look, you know).

5) Amy Kurland has actually thrown them out of the Bluebird at least once.

6) They've written a song with really simple rhymes:

I drove my beat-up old car
On down to the corner bar
I was goin' to have me a brew
And sit and cry about you . . .

7) They once talked to Garth Brook in the men's room at the Pancake Pantry and Garth was really interested in their tunes . . . he just hasn't called back yet.

8) They're pushing a wheelbarrow at that construction site over on Demonbreun Street.

(just kidding! ;-)

Old 08-20-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
How to identify a struggling musician in Nashville . . .

1) They carry a guitar case everywhere they go (they have to, they got no home).

2) They wear a cowboy hat and/or a duster (black being the preferred color).

3) They use phrases such as, "Have you got twenty dollars I could borrow?" and "Can I stay at your place for a few days . . . darn landlord done kicked me out."

4) They have a scruffy beard or moustache (gives them that Willie Nelson look, you know).

5) Amy Kurland has actually thrown them out of the Bluebird at least once.

6) They've written a song with really simple rhymes:

I drove my beat-up old car
On down to the corner bar
I was goin' to have me a brew
And sit and cry about you . . .

7) They once talked to Garth Brook in the men's room at the Pancake Pantry and Garth was really interested in their tunes . . . he just hasn't called back yet.

8) They're pushing a wheelbarrow at that construction site over on Demonbreun Street.

(just kidding! ;-)
I love it! Thanks for sharing this!

Old 08-24-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
If you can't score in this town, you're not trying. Go to any of the downtown bars on a Friday or Saturday night, it's wall to wall women. If you have the self-confidence to walk up and talk to them like you've known them your whole life, you'll have more dates than you know what to do with. To think that they only go for broke-ass struggling musician jokers is preposterous.
Many thanks! Just gave you a positive rating. Have a good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: