Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times

Advertisements

Amen. I'm not trying to be cynical, but I'm sure it's a money thing. TDOT's budget is only so much and consequently they're forced to band-aid problems like this. Still, it's kind of like knowing the hurricane is coming (continued growth and traffic issues for the forseeable future) and putting a couple of boards on the windows. It's a temporary fix until the problem becomes bigger and therefore demands more money.

As a complete aside, I still wish they'd look at building a bridge across the river connecting to Lakewood/Mt. Juliet to make it easier to get to the airport. Doubt that's ever going to happen. They commissioned a study to examine building a toll bridge but that's dead in the water, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 09:03 AM

73 posts, read 233,713 times
Anyone know if Sprouts is in or out? I can't find a thing about it since it was announced. It says nothing about a coming soon on their website. Anyone have more information? My guess is, just like the Hampton Inn that has had the sign coming soon for over 6 years on it, it's not coming.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1coltsfan View Post
I heard today Sprouts is not considering anywhere in Tennessee and will not be coming to Hendersonville anytime soon. This was confirmed by someone in the corporate office. Not sure why the paper ran that story without a lease in place.
This was the last I heard about Sprouts. To be honest, I never heard anything except what was on this forum about it. So, it's not likely at this point I guess.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:13 AM

369 posts, read 942,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
As a complete aside, I still wish they'd look at building a bridge across the river connecting to Lakewood/Mt. Juliet to make it easier to get to the airport. Doubt that's ever going to happen. They commissioned a study to examine building a toll bridge but that's dead in the water, I'm sure.
a toll bridge would be great, therefor it won't happen.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
a toll bridge would be great, therefor it won't happen.
Ha...I know, right?!? TN just isn't a state that embraces toll anything. Still, it makes all the sense in the world. It's a tax on the people who will actually use the facility, be it a road or bridge. I do admit to hating driving in Florida knowing I might hit a toll road and have to scramble for change, but long term it makes a lot of sense, especially in this case.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 AM

256 posts, read 481,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Ha...I know, right?!? TN just isn't a state that embraces toll anything. Still, it makes all the sense in the world. It's a tax on the people who will actually use the facility, be it a road or bridge. I do admit to hating driving in Florida knowing I might hit a toll road and have to scramble for change, but long term it makes a lot of sense, especially in this case.
Not true, Tennessee Tollway Act was passed by the voters and signed by Bredesen in 2007. In fact, if I recall correctly, it was crafted so a bridge across Old Hickory could be built (and fees collected).

Tennessee DOT gets toll powers - looks at $270m tollroad northeast of Nashville - Toll Roads News

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/document...HadleyBend.pdf

After passage, I believe TDOT killed off the bridge (Hadley Bend Connector) idea.

The Tinfoil hat wearer part of me, wonders if the bridge concept was just a ruse to get toll collection (limited as it is) enabled in TN.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:07 PM

Old 05-07-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
The Tinfoil hat wearer part of me, wonders if the bridge concept was just a ruse to get toll collection (limited as it is) enabled in TN.
Possibly, but in the last 7 years I haven't heard of a single toll project being started in TN.

Also, that's great news about Windy City reopening.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:51 PM

windy city was open for one day (yesterday evening) before having to close today because their walk-in went down. they said they'll be open tomorrow but it could be longer.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:45 PM

Hendersonville mayor touts growth

Quote:
And the growth isn’t all new construction. Some have lamented abandoned storefronts like the old Kmart building on Main Street, and the old Food Lion on Bonita Parkway. Foster said both sites will soon have new owners. He announced L.A. Fitness and Marshall’s are slated to go into the old Kmart shopping center while a Planet Fitness plans to go into the former Food Lion building.

Other new businesses soon coming to town include Hobby Lobby, the restaurant chain Culver’s, Krispy Kreme doughnuts and the city’s first hotel in over a decade, Fairfield Inn & Suites.
no mention of roads or sidewalks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville