Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 11:23 PM

41 posts, read 78,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I agree with us being primed to grow. Even so, a 1,000 home development in Indian Lake/Drakes Creek is a pretty major undertaking. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get a little watered down at some point but if it is, it'll still be a major development.

I'm also looking forward to Egg and I. What did you think of it? I've never been to the one in Brentwood, but like you said, I'm all for more choices.
Pretty sure the new place will be called Durham Farm to begin in November and take like 10 years to complete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 01:19 AM

722 posts, read 2,101,147 times
Saw Egg and I today, making progress. Its in front of Sam's Club.

I think 1000 homes will take more than 10 years. That's 100 homes a year to sell. I still want to know how all these new neighbors will all fit on New Shackle and Drakes Creek. There has to be a widening of those roads.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:09 AM

362 posts, read 645,755 times
There's also another development underway too. I think the name is Millstone Farms and believe it's in Hendersonville too. Major construction here in Hendersonville and Gallatin.
The Hunt Club is expanding and will have an opening on Shute Lane, Savannah is opening up the end of Gordon Crossing and building an Estate section, and Kennesaw Farms is expanding and adding another entrance on lower Station Camp.

@doncorleone, I'm sure you see the Carrellton progressing too. In the back of Carrellton is another builder. I was told it's higher end homes but who knows. That eventually will be a big development. I know they are still building homes by you too, and selling quick. Been looking for my mom.

The area is definitely going to need more retail, gas stations, food, convenience stores, etc. I'm happy about that

Old 08-03-2014, 06:12 AM

362 posts, read 645,755 times
There's also another development underway too. I think the name is millstone and believe it's in Hendersonville too. Major construction here in Hendersonville and Gallatin.
The Hunt Club is expanding and will have an opening on Shute Lane, Savannah is opening up the end of Gordon Crossing and building an Estate section (60 acres), and Kennesaw Farms is expanding and adding another entrance on Lower Station Camp.

Oh yeah, forgot also Somerset Downs is Starting Phase 4 this Fall. Lots of building!

Lots of growth in the Hendersonville/Gallatin area. I just hope they bring some more upscale retail here with more choices for eating, other than standard chains.

Last edited by Mi shots; 08-03-2014 at 06:58 AM..

Old 08-04-2014, 07:16 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi shots View Post
@doncorleone, I'm sure you see the Carrellton progressing too. In the back of Carrellton is another builder. I was told it's higher end homes but who knows. That eventually will be a big development. I know they are still building homes by you too, and selling quick. Been looking for my mom.

The area is definitely going to need more retail, gas stations, food, convenience stores, etc. I'm happy about that
Yeah, Carrellton is moving along very nicely. I didn't realize there was a 2nd builder in there. I need to drive back in there and check that out. Good to know.

I think once Welch College starts to build in earnest (they've broken ground from what I can tell), you will start to see the Big Station area blossom. The big expense with all of that land is there are no utilities running there. That's a huge expense to overcome, but once the groundwork is laid the rest of the pieces should (hopefully) fall into place easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi shots View Post
Lots of growth in the Hendersonville/Gallatin area. I just hope they bring some more upscale retail here with more choices for eating, other than standard chains.
"If you build it [they] will come". Let's hope so anyways!

Old 08-07-2014, 10:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,674 times
Hello there! I am the owner of Sopapillas. I know there is a bunch of rumors about The Streets of Indian Lakes and Sopapillas. I also know that your post was a while back but Sopapillas is not closing. There have been several closing in the streets but we believe things can turn around in this beautiful shopping center. I believe the center is good for Hendersonville and Hendersonville is good for the center. Also Chuys is not coming into MiMi's or the Streets of Indian Lake. I have personally gotten confirmation from Chuy's and the landlord of The Streets. Lets continue to support the local mexican food restaurants and all local restaurants in the Hendersonville. There are so many great local places here.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:47 PM

Very exciting!

Old 08-07-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
i think i've ranted in the past about all the chains in hendersonville so i won't do it again. but i will say that i still don't understand why people in places like hendersonville choose cheddar's over an independent alternative.

gallatin's square is screaming for restaurants/bars but they don't last. that area should be bustling.
Go indépendant business. I always try to support local!

Old 08-08-2014, 07:38 AM

99 posts, read 230,109 times
Im so glad Soapillas is staying! It's by far the best place to eat in Hendersonville. Hope to see more come to the streets!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:15 PM

722 posts, read 2,101,147 times
I heard from someone Ghenghis Grill is closed in Glenbrook. Is that true? I liked the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville