U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:53 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,256,556 times
Default Home prices

What is the price range for homes in Bellevue? Something like a 30-40 year old brick ranch style, 3 bed/2 bath.. Can you find anything between 130-200k over there?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 01:59 PM

6,300 posts, read 15,493,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
What is the price range for homes in Bellevue? Something like a 30-40 year old brick ranch style, 3 bed/2 bath.. Can you find anything between 130-200k over there?

thanks
Yeah, I think so. I don't keep up with home prices that much but I think you can still find something like that on the higher end of your range. You might even find something in one of the newer developments for $200k (that would be on a small lot). Maybe. The real estate people here on the forum can tell you more.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:27 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,256,556 times
Thanks alleycat for the info!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:23 PM

7 posts, read 9,618 times
I went to Bellevue high school. I hear rumors of a new high school in the Bellevue area.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM

31 posts, read 91,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I live in Bellevue. As far as I'm concerned, it's grown plenty in the past twenty-five years. Where the mall is now was a hay field in 1985. There used to be cows across the road from where I live . . . now there's condos and houses. I certainly hope it doesn't get as crowded and congested as the I-65/I-24 corridors. One factor is the availability of suitable land for building on. In the past it was too expensive to make the hillsides buildable; sadly, they're doing it now, such as at the new construction on Old Hickory (where they had to dynamite part of the hillside away).

As for restaurant, there's not that many in Bellevue itself, but, as you mentioned, it's a short drive into the West End, Green Hills, 21st Avenue areas. Antonio's is about the only really special restaurant in Bellevue. Then there's the Loveless and Chaffin's Barn Dinner Theatre just down the road. There are a few other restaurants in Bellevue such as Appleby's and Jonathon's; I consider them just a step up from fast-food restaurants.

Enjoy watching the deer (I've seen just about everything in Bellevue since I live near the Harpeth River); of course, you don't want to see the deer up too close . . . such as on the bumper of your car when you're doing 75 on Highway 70S. I almost ran into a wild turkey as I was driving through Cheatham Country one time . . . believe me, when you see a huge wild turkey about to come flying through your windshield, it will look larger than an elephant.
Thanks for the laugh also Anna

Old 09-20-2007, 09:19 PM

6,300 posts, read 15,493,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdustdevil View Post
I went to Bellevue high school. I hear rumors of a new high school in the Bellevue area.
I'll be happy first with a new library. The Bellevue Library is one of the busiest branch libraries in the city, yet it's one of the smallest and oldest.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 AM

1,309 posts, read 2,315,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post
I have lived in and around Nashville off and on since 1986. Most recently in the 12th South District which was a great location. However, due to several things (like my landlord selling the house I live in) we have moved out on Highway 70 right on the edge of West Meade/Bellevue. It is still a hop, skip, and jump to town and I love that I have seen deer while I drive. I am curious if anyone knows why this area doesn't seem to be expanding as quickly as 24 E into Rutherford and 65 S into Williamson. West Nashville is beautiful and lush (Okay maybe not right now with the drought). I am also curious to know what restaurants Bellvue folks would recommend.
Thanks!
Old people left in the area -bad shopping - everybody went to franklin and brentwood..traffic bad out there..I looked and chose the boro - known as murfreesboro - it's just the right size town - growing with the times - healthy labor market, cheap real estate compared to williamson - very upscale, lots of old southern money around...pretty conservative but super friendly..I thought bellevue was overpriced .traffic was bad, but the worst thing were the utility lines all over the town - those huge towers were all over not to mention that pain in the ass train. good luck

Old 09-23-2007, 06:06 PM

7 posts, read 9,618 times
Default Back in the old days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Haislip View Post
Thanks for the laugh also Anna
I remember when there was nothing in the Bellevue/Harpeth Valley area except McClains grocery (now closed), Wiggins Drive in Market (long gone) and a funkly looking Gulf Service Station (long gone) next door to Wiggins Market at the intersection of Hwy 70 and Old Harding Road!

No red lights! One or two stop signs! No subdivisions! No street lights! Ah! Those were grand old days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville