Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 PM

89 posts, read 120,863 times

Advertisements

Good evening!

I realize that it's pretty short notice, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel around the downtown Nashville area for a few nights next week? I'm just road-tripping it from Chicago for a week and need a fix of southern food and music! I'd like to keep it between $100 to $200 a night (for only 1 room). Also, anyplace that has a parking lot/garage would be awesome, as we don't have many of those included in out hotels up here...

Also, anybody have any recommendations where folks in their 20's and early 30's go out? I'm just looking to have a bit of fun exploring the city and meeting the locals, hearing some cool music, etc.

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,328,903 times
If you're willing to go up to $200/night, you definitely have a lot of options (outside of the Hermitage Hotel...lol).

I'd look at Union Station and the Renaissance. Both are 4 star quality hotels, but I think you should be able to manage under $200/night.

Renaissance is closer to the entertainment district, so that's a big plus there. Plus, it being a tall hotel, you might get a room with a great view.

Union Station is the old train station. It's a beautiful building, and architecturally significant. It's a little bit farther from the country bars, but there's a cool bar behind the hotel called The Flying Saucer, which is worth checking out. It's also not far from the Gulch, which is an urban neighborhood in the early stages of development (kinda hampered by the economy) which has some cool eateries and hangouts for the younger crowd.

Off the top of my head, some neighborhoods to explore (starting S and going clockwise to west to north to east, all close to downtown Nashville):

(South) 12th South, Music Row, Hillsboro Village, (West) West End/Vandy, Sylvan Park, (North) Germantown/Salemtown/Hope Gardens, (East) Edgefield/East End/Lockeland Springs, Inglewood (all of that area is usually stuffed together into the East Nashville name).

There are a lot of cool neighborhoods (IMO)...but it would be a good idea to bring a map and mark out where you are going. Some areas are rough, but don't look it...others might look a little shabby, but really aren't unsafe...or you might just take a wrong turn and end up in the middle of the projects. That might or might not be fun, depending on your perspective.

With a little collaboration, though, we might be able to come up with a little route guide to help you explore the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville