Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 05:20 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,745,680 times

Advertisements

If anyone has any new information to add to this thread, I'm still very interested in the topic.

We've now found a few of these DuPont houses *in* Williamsburg (and we found a bunch in Norfolk).

Yee-ha!

According to newspaper articles, when DuPont shut down the shell-loading plant at Penniman, *all* of the 300+ houses there at Penniman were moved to other sites. Finding them is the challenge. We've found about 60 so far.

Rose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 566 times
Rose, I live here..I can help.My step father was a Dupont employee Old Hickory Village..as it is known was built for the Dupont Employees is now Historical And I livef in one of those houses growing up..am now in another.Holly PS Dupont is not completely shut down ..

Old 11-26-2020, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 302 times
I actually grew up in the village I have the book it tells you the layouts floorplans of every histrionic house it’s a great book

Old 05-23-2021, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 387 times
Default Old Hickory Photos

[quote=BirdieBelle;22349390]Have you tried "driving" around Old Hickory on Google maps? You could just enter the addresses you have and take a look that way. I know you want photos, but while you're waiting for someone who has those, you could at least "look around" the town virtually.

I just saw a couple of the houses like the ones you posted by randomly zooming in on 10th street in Old Hickory on Google maps.[/quote
you can't contact > Old Hickory Garage, ask Jerry Barnes, he has many pictures of Old Hickory, spanning deckades
Facebook > Old Hickory Garage
choose Photos
bottom where is says " See All" click on that
Take care

Old 05-23-2021, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 387 times
Google > marie tootle old hickory

she's was in the U.S. Army during WW2, teacher at DuPont Elementary and Junior High and she published a book about Old Hickory. I hope all the info I've added is a help, Take Care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: