Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2012, 11:49 AM

12 posts, read 17,782 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am looking for a nice friendly bank, preferably a community bank (more local) I do not like big banks. I am moving either to Spring Hill or Thompson Station TN and I would like to hear from your experiences with your bank. I currently work in a smaller bank in the state I am in and I love the customer service a smaller bank gives, like for example whe you call the bank you never hear a machine talk to you. You actually get a live person on the other side of the phone So please help me and if you have a favorite banker please let me know their name as well. I am looking to open a Checking and 2 Savings just to give you an idea of what I am going to need.

Thanks,
Gaby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 07:55 PM

233 posts, read 720,816 times
Check out First Farmer's. Local to Middle TN with offices and people ready to help. If we had stayed in TN, that's where we would have had all of our money. In fact, my husband still has an account with them.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaC View Post
Check out First Farmer's. Local to Middle TN with offices and people ready to help. If we had stayed in TN, that's where we would have had all of our money. In fact, my husband still has an account with them.

Thank you I will check it out.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabytwogood View Post
Thank you I will check it out.

So I went to their website....do most banks close that early in TN, not that that bothers me but just wondering also are most banks closed on Saturdays and Sundays?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:48 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
All banks are closed on Sunday unless you find one that might have an open location at a grocery store. Even then, the deposit/withdrawal won't post until the following business day. That's also true of Saturday transactions most of the time.

Most of the large banks are open on Saturdays and have extended regular hours from 8-6. Usually, however, it's just the drive-thru that is open after 5 and the lobby closes at 4 or 5 most places. However, smaller banks may not be open on Saturdays or only have limited locations open that day...likewise they generally close earlier as well. However, you generally get better service at smaller banks...

Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
We bank at Reliant. They offer a little better return on checking accounts and you can use any ATM for free. (Reliant doesn't charge and then they refund whatever the other ATM charged.)
But they are a small bank with just 5-6 branches, so they do have shorter hours and are closed on Saturdays.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:15 PM

7 posts, read 31,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
All banks are closed on Sunday unless you find one that might have an open location at a grocery store. Even then, the deposit/withdrawal won't post until the following business day. That's also true of Saturday transactions most of the time.

Most of the large banks are open on Saturdays and have extended regular hours from 8-6. Usually, however, it's just the drive-thru that is open after 5 and the lobby closes at 4 or 5 most places. However, smaller banks may not be open on Saturdays or only have limited locations open that day...likewise they generally close earlier as well. However, you generally get better service at smaller banks...

Thank you, I agree with you smaller banks are the way to go.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 AM

79 posts, read 241,820 times
We moved to Murfreesboro from Oklahoma City. We had bank account with mid-size bank located primarily in Oklahoma and loved them. Sure enough I couldn't have account with them here in TN (that's the only part I don't like with smaller banks), so I opened a/c with Bank of America. 2 weeks into the account opening and I already hate them. A few weeks later I learned that my employer is a member of Ascend Federal Credit Union (AFCU) which made me eligible to open an account with them. I did that in a heartbeat and love that. I moved my auto-loan to AFCU with a lot lower rate and also thinking first time mortgage with them. AFCU paid dividends at the end of 2011. Seriously!!

BofA account is sitting idle now, may end up closing it soon.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 AM

228 posts, read 528,544 times
For us, Ascend Federal Credit Union (AFCU) has been the kind of local experience you are describing. And as Itsshanks mentioned, the dividends are very cool too. Pays our mortgage once each year! (and conveniently enough dividends are paid out in early December before Christmas)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville