U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:31 AM

610 posts, read 751,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl3624 View Post
I am probably your age and haven't given up on full time work. I don't think social security will provide me with enough money to live on without maybe eating rice every day like they do on Survivor! There's a guy at Publix (the one near the Over 55 place I mentioned) who is in his 80's and still working! He's a little slow but seems happy to be working and does a great job.

Do you have friends or family in the area? Why TN?

Don't have family in the area; however, one of my friends is considering relocating to the Charlotte NC area or TN.
They're interested in a lake area that's not too rural. Seems like NC is a bit too rural for her taste so far. I'm interested in a more urban/town setting. This way we can enjoy the best of two worlds; I can park in her driveway to enjoy the lake and she can park in my driveway to enjoy city/town life. Haven't given up on the full-time job but figured that with unemployment being what it is, would start part-time somewhere until I was able to make friends/network system. Plan on volunteering too.
Just do not want to put my life on hold any longer; want to move down south and hoping to find someplace that fills most of my requirements. Friendly, safe, good medical facilities and hopefully a job!
Lake areas in TN: Hendersonville and Knoxville. Neither are walkable, don't think really any city in TN is walkable to downtown from a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 269 times
Default looking to re-locate from NJ

Hello I am looking to relocate from NJ with my husband and 2 children.
We are currently looking at either Mount Juliet or Hendersonville. We would need to secure at least one full-time job with health benefits before we can really make the move. We are both in Healthcare. With that being said, I am looking into Vanderbilt University Medical Center as an X-Ray Technologist. I have to check into the state licensure first. Who knew it would be so difficult to figure these things out?
So, my question for all of you out there is: how are these areas I am looking into for a family of four? My husband and I are just under 40 yrs old and we have 2 children in Elementary School. I am looking for a young, kid friendly neighborhood with a good school system, that won't be too far from a job for us. Gosh, I am asking alot! lol
Any input would be greatly appreciated. This is a huge decision for us and we haven't put a sign on our house here in NJ yet, but it's in the near future.

Thanks!
Dafney

Old 04-11-2012, 08:55 AM

1,434 posts, read 2,002,795 times
Both cities are very family-friendly, safe, and have good schools. They are also both about the same distance from Vanderbilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville