Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Tor Tor started this thread

1 posts, read 2,228 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm visiting Nashville a few days start of Oct as part of a road trip and since I'll be on my own I'd like the benefit of local wisdom on the following things please!

a) what the best suggestion for somewhere to stay in a not obviously touristy part of Nashville. I like the sound of the Hillsboro neck of the woods but can't seem to find a hotel there...

b) is this Exit/In (?) venue full of kids or can a *slightly* more grown up indie girl watch a band there without drawing attention to herself?

c) where d'you reckon I should go to eat where i won't look socially deficient sitting on my own? There's only so much dining-on-potato-chips-watching-cable tv-in-my-hotel-room I can cope with...

d) can I drink the water? haha only joking.

Cheers in advance,
Tor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 02:32 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Hello,

I'm visiting Nashville a few days start of Oct as part of a road trip and since I'll be on my own I'd like the benefit of local wisdom on the following things please!

a) what the best suggestion for somewhere to stay in a not obviously touristy part of Nashville. I like the sound of the Hillsboro neck of the woods but can't seem to find a hotel there...

b) is this Exit/In (?) venue full of kids or can a *slightly* more grown up indie girl watch a band there without drawing attention to herself?

c) where d'you reckon I should go to eat where i won't look socially deficient sitting on my own? There's only so much dining-on-potato-chips-watching-cable tv-in-my-hotel-room I can cope with...

Cheers in advance,
Tor
Tor, Brentwood, TN is within 15 min of downtown Nashille. Its also not far from the Green Hills section where you might want to frequent the Blue Bird Cafe----http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/
Hotels in Brentwood-Homewood Suites, I have stayed here when buying a home here.
Full Buffet Breakfast-7 days, Light Dinner-M-thurs included, internet access, business center, pool
Homewood Suites Brentwood Tennessee - Nashville Hotel - Brentwood, TN Hotels

There are other hotels you may also check out in the Maryland Farms Complex. I know there is a good Courtyard by Marriot, a Comfort Suites.
This is near the interstate downtown and brentwood has lots of restaurants and the Cool Springs Mall is also close.
Diane

Old 09-11-2007, 03:34 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Hello,

If you stay away from Opryland and the Lower Broadway area, you'll avoid most of the the tourists (at least at this time of year). There are several hotels along West End such as the Holiday Inn, Marriott, and others. That's close enough to Hillsboro Village.

Quote:
College age and young adults mostly. Or it used to be; I haven't been in years. The Exit/In isn't what it once was. Years ago it was the kind of place that Bob Dylan might actually have wandered into and and played for free at if he was in town.

Quote:
If you do stay along West End or 21st Avenue (Hillsboro), there's lot of places you can go in and not feel like you're sticking out like a sore thumb eating alone. There's Blackstone's, San Antonio Taco Company, Bonjo Java Coffeehouse, Provence Cafe, Golden-something Chinese, Da Vinci's Pizza, etc. Or you could take me out to dinner and you wouldn't be alone! (just kidding ;-)

Quote:
No. You know what fish do in it . . .

Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 PM

100 posts, read 352,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Or you could take me out to dinner and you wouldn't be alone! (just kidding ;-) . . .

No your not--we don't call you alley cat for nothing!! I always love your posts--you make me laugh.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:33 AM

32 posts, read 133,441 times
Tor,

I hope you have a great stay in Nashville. Here are my thoughts.

Hello,

It really depends on how much you want to spend. If your budget oriented take a look at the Holiday Inn Select on West End or the Hampton Inn on Elliston Place. If money isnt an object maybe the Marriott on West End?

Exit/In is a good venue. I'm 32 and I go see bands there a good bit. You might also check out Mercy Lounge.

If your hanging out in the Village you shouldnt have any issues for casual dining. Jacksons and Sams have a bar you can sit at. Fido has some stools overlooking the window and there are usually a good number of people there by themselves. If your looking for nicer dining I'll have to think about it.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be glad to help.

Danny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: