Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 PM

68 posts, read 181,721 times

Advertisements

I am going to be moving to Nashville in the next several months after securing a job at Vanderbilt Medical Center. I really don't want to live in an apartment since I am in my mid 30's. I would prefer to rent a condo or townhome somewhat close to the med center in a safe part of town. I am looking to spend up to $1600/month if necessary and I really need a garage for my car. I have already looked on craigslist and didn't see much. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,980,699 times
I just went though this search myself as I am moving to Nashville and will be working at Vandy. The townhouse market is slim in that area It is majority Apt's suited for college kids or single family homes. Check out Trulia.com for listings....that site helped me the most. After lots of deliberation and speaking with the locals, I decided on Franklin....I loved its charm and feel. It is a 25-35 min commute into the Hospitals but I don't mind....

Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,558,485 times
Craigslist is not used as much here as in other cities.

Realtracs.com is the best search site for housing. It is the most accurate.

RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Search Results

Here is a sample of rentals in the Vandy area.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 PM

68 posts, read 181,721 times
Thanks for the info. I am really hoping to not have to commute since I am going to have to be at the hospital for long hours and don't want to have to sit in traffic for 30 minutes each way. I really want to avoid an apartment since I am a little older and don't want to deal with noisy college kids (I was that way too once). Hoping I can find something for rent in the next several months.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 AM

813 posts, read 2,022,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondoc View Post
Thanks for the info. I am really hoping to not have to commute since I am going to have to be at the hospital for long hours and don't want to have to sit in traffic for 30 minutes each way. I really want to avoid an apartment since I am a little older and don't want to deal with noisy college kids (I was that way too once). Hoping I can find something for rent in the next several months.
Do you want to be in walking distance to the hospital or would a short drive be sufficient? If a short drive is okay (5 mins), then you should consider looking in Sylvan Park/Sylvan Heights which is a very short jaunt from Vandy. I just did a quick search of the area and found a few nice, single-family homes for rent in your price range.

If you simply must be in walking distance, then you may need to be more open to renting in one of the condo buildings around Hillsboro Village or West End which will probably have some students as well as young professionals. There are some townhomes near the hospital, but not very many and competition is very fierce for rental units right now in the core. I just read an article the other day that said occupancy is at 95% in the metro and apartment basically can't be built fast enough in the near the core of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville