Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM

11,632 posts, read 12,693,738 times

Advertisements

I just got back from Vandy commencement. It was a 3 day extravaganza. I had the opportunity to get some personal tours from some of the professors, attend a seminar, and listen to Tom Brokaw give the senior day commencement address. It was all very impressive. The weather was perfection.

I could not resist having one meal at Arnold's. I just had to squeeze that in the trip somehow. I also finally got to eat at the Silly Goose. We've been wanting to do that for a long time.

This time, we went to the Jack Daniel's Distillery and Falls Creek Falls State Park. I am glad that we finally got to go to these places on our "must visit" list. There are still more places on our "must visit" list and we didnt' have enough time to do everything that we wanted to do at Falls Creek Falls. I hope I get to go back there. It took longer to get there from Nashville than I thought.

I also had the pleasure to meet up with another poster from this Nashville forum. This trip only reinforced my interest in Nashville relocation. I hope to come again in the fall or next spring. Every time I cross off something on my "must visit list," I add three more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I just got back from Vandy commencement. It was a 3 day extravaganza. I had the opportunity to get some personal tours from some of the professors, attend a seminar, and listen to Tom Brokaw give the senior day commencement address. It was all very impressive. The weather was perfection.

I could not resist having one meal at Arnold's. I just had to squeeze that in the trip somehow. I also finally got to eat at the Silly Goose. We've been wanting to do that for a long time.

This time, we went to the Jack Daniel's Distillery and Falls Creek Falls State Park. I am glad that we finally got to go to these places on our "must visit" list. There are still more places on our "must visit" list and we didnt' have enough time to do everything that we wanted to do at Falls Creek Falls. I hope I get to go back there. It took longer to get there from Nashville than I thought.

I also had the pleasure to meet up with another poster from this Nashville forum. This trip only reinforced my interest in Nashville relocation. I hope to come again in the fall or next spring. Every time I cross off something on my "must visit list," I add three more.
It was nice meeting you. I'm glad you made it home ok.
Diane

Old 05-15-2012, 06:48 AM

610 posts, read 1,623,315 times
Fall Creek Falls is a bit of a drive from here, yes. Glad you had a good time!

Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,296 times
So glad you enjoyed your trip down. Love to have another NYer in TN!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
So glad you enjoyed your trip down. Love to have another NYer in TN!
Barb, I'm orginally from Long Island, not far from where Coney lives.

Diane

Old 05-15-2012, 02:06 PM

11,632 posts, read 12,693,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
Fall Creek Falls is a bit of a drive from here, yes. Glad you had a good time!
We stayed one night at the inn. I don't think I could have handled driving round trip in one day. The park and the inn are open all year round, but I am glad that I went at this time of year. In the fall, with the shorter days and the possibility of icy/wet roads, I would not be brave enough to handle the winding, hilly country roads near the park. Still, it must be scenic when the leaves change colors and even in winter.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:00 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Barb, I'm orginally from Long Island, not far from where Coney lives.

Diane

What town? My best friend was born and raised in Rockville Centre. Now lives in Scottsdale, Az but is in the hunt for a professors job in Southern Ky.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,296 times
I grew up in Kings Park.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
What town? My best friend was born and raised in Rockville Centre. Now lives in Scottsdale, Az but is in the hunt for a professors job in Southern Ky.
I grew up in Lawrence, LI. Later I owned a home in Mt Sinai, LI, which I sold after 6 years and bought a house in Babylon, LI. From there I moved to Manalapan, NJ, and then to Nashville. So this is my 4th house, and I have no plans of moving.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:34 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I grew up in Lawrence, LI. Later I owned a home in Mt Sinai, LI, which I sold after 6 years and bought a house in Babylon, LI. From there I moved to Manalapan, NJ, and then to Nashville. So this is my 4th house, and I have no plans of moving.

I grew up in Milford, Ct and met the Rockville Centre friend at Fordham in the Bronx. Still friends with him and his awesome family (I was their best man, and adored his wife the minute I met her) 30 years later. Feel old, though, my godson, their first born, is going for his MBA now. I remember him screaming at me as an infant in Union Station in DC (they lived in Arlington, Va than).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville