U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 06:44 AM

3,504 posts, read 5,647,843 times

Advertisements

Couldn't find it but this is . . . interesting! I will be flying home from CA tonight and MISS IT. I hope ABC will have it on their website so I can catch it tomorrow . . . . drat!

Nashville 2x01 Sneak Peek #1 "I Fall To Pieces" - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 03:12 PM

385 posts, read 937,204 times
I watched it last night... so excited for this season to be starting back up.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:55 PM

I have to watch it tonight on my iPad . . . . will come back with thoughts about the new season tomorrow. Heard it was a great episode!

PS. Saw this link in the paper this morning . . it's the local newspaper (the Tennessean) with some 'local' content about the show. They had a viewing party at a hotel downtown. The "Striking Matches" played - they wrote "When the Right One Comes Along" and a song that was on last night (I haven't seen or heard it yet) called "This Love Ain't Big Enough". Looks like the one that was filmed in front of the Parthenon?

Here's the link:

http://www.tennessean.com/section/PROJECTS49

Old 09-26-2013, 05:09 PM

3,324 posts, read 3,018,913 times
I thought it was just okay. A few things wrapped up a little to fast/easy.

Hayden Pantierre (sp?) deserves an Emmy nom. She's getting better and better.

Gunnar is still looking very fine.....

Can't wait to see who shows up tomorrow at Southern Ground Festival to sit in with the Lennons. Supposedly the gal who plays Scarlet will be there. Maybe some others.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:17 AM

They did a 2 week time forward thing the probably explains wrapping things up so quickly. But really, with one main character in a coma and the other in jail, not much can really happen, so I didn't mind it.

I, personally, really enjoyed the episode, and thought Charles Esten did an amazing job in the last 2.5 minutes of the episode with SO much emotion just in a few seconds on his face, no words. Give the guy an Emmy right now!

Is it just me or have Gunnar and Scarlett both toned down their accents? Scarlett sounds MUCH less twangy. Her hair also less poofy. I like the more natural look. I read about a writer who moved to Nashville recently and when asked what she would like to write about (food and music being already well covered), she said fashion. And I think she meant sort of what Scarlett wears, flowing boho dresses and boots.

Also, Gunnar's hair looked a little funky to me, more on top than the sides?

Really liked the first song, which Avery sang, which sadly did NOT get released on iTunes.

I thought they did a great job with the 13 year (?) flashback with Rayna and Deacon in the house. Must have used some sort of filter to make them look younger - it really worked. Maybe the washed out color, the hair?

Rayna having a reaction to what her sister said to her Dad while she was still comatose was an interesting plot clue.

I still loved the show. I don't think it's perfect but I love watching "Nashville" the city and it's just good fun!

You can watch the full episode on ABC.com
Nashville Season 2 Episode 1 | Full TV Episode Online - WATCHABC.com

PS. They are lying about the limited commercials part . . . .

Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM

75 posts, read 158,803 times
The show is not perfect, no show is. But this is as close as it comes to me! I loved this episode from beginning to end.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:15 PM

Me, too!

SPOILER!!!!

Guess who is coming back????

Liam!

Old 09-27-2013, 03:15 PM

201 posts, read 267,483 times
It was a hectic episode with all the different locations (hospital, Parthenon, jail, Gunnar's house, courthouse, flashback scenes, Bluebird, Juliette's house, Peggy at the clinic, I'm thinking I'm missing something...).

Old 09-27-2013, 05:07 PM

8,056 posts, read 8,568,790 times
I did like the lighting behind the Parthenon. If you have not been to Centennial Park, you would think that there was room for 100,000 people to stand in front and watch the show. The pace was little frenzied for this episode, but enjoyed t very much. I agree that Hayden keeps getting better and better. I also enjoyed the final duet at the end and of course, the shout-out to Vanderbilt Hospital.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:06 PM

New promo for next week's show. I was just AT Vanderbilt last week with my sister. My first time there. It sure is big. I wonder if that roof top terrace where Rayna was catching some sunshine really exists????

Nashville 2x02 Promo "Never No More" (HD) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or