Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 10:55 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,057,671 times

Advertisements

Charles Esten is playing at the Grand Ole Opry tonight. He's slated for the 8:45 - 9:15 half hour EST. You can listen in on WSM 650 or online!

WSM Online :: Home :: WSM 650AM "The Legend"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 11:22 AM

Listened to the Grand Ole Opry broadcast last night. Didn't realize that Jonathan Jackson was going to play as well as Charles Esten. "Avery" sang "Hallelujah" (Jeff Buckley) and an Elvis song that I'm going to have to try to remember the name of. He actually can do a 'white soul' type voice. I guess his Dad was into Elvis.

Found this interesting interview with Jonathan Jackson, worth a read!

20 Questions With Jonathan Jackson « Grand Ole Opry

Charles Esten was on next (well, after some square dancing) and he sang a song from the show "Playin' Tricks" and then said something about how important friendships were, particularly this time of year, and that he has made so many friends from the cast, and that one of him favorites is Jonathan Jackson, who came out and sang a Christmas carol (which again, I have spaced about which one) with him.

He seemed a bit abrupt, but the show was running late AND Nashville at the time was under a tornado warning - he sang during the fiercest part of the storm.

Also, an article in the Tennessean today about the show. Next new episode is January 15th:

‘Nashville’ creator Callie Khouri says the show is hitting its stride | Music | The Tennessean

Old 12-22-2013, 11:28 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,817,049 times
Default Thank you!

Thank you for posting all of this.

I am very jealous of those of you that live in Nashville and get to go to the Grand Old Opry. I went to the Grand Ole Opry for the 85th Birthday Celebration and saw Dolly Parton, Taylor Swift, and Trace Atkins.

I love the Show Nashville, and I love your beautiful city! The only thing I am not jealous about is the tornado warnings.

I am liking the direction the show has been taking lately. Last season I disliked Avery so much and now he is my favorite character.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-22-2013, 01:24 PM

Yes, last night we had tornado warnings. Wish I had gone to the Opry (which is held at the Ryman over the holidays) and maybe Avery and Deacon would have offered me a ride home because my car is too small to stand up against the winds! (ha ha).

These two are from Charles Esten's Twitter page - him with Jonathan Jackson AND one of his dog Blue (aka Sue). What a goofy dog!

I agree with you, Avery is more likable. The scene where he helps Juliette sing her song when the protesters are in the audience . . I watched it a few times. LOVE that part! (Also love the part where Deacon plays a song on the piano and he and Scarlett sing "This Town".)

Charles Deacon Esten JUST tweeted (I am not even ON Twitter, just was checking out his 'feed') that it's Chris Carmack's birthday today!

Old 12-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Love those photos, thank you for posting them! Also thank you for the article about Jonathan Jackson. What a well grounded person he is. So rare in the celebrity world!

I love that the actor that plays Deacon (Charles Esten) adopted the Dog Sue aka "Blue" they truly are good people that are actors on that show.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:55 PM

I agree, they do seem more 'grounded' than the normal Hollywood types . . . never hear anything about anyone 'acting up'? And they all seem to really REALLY enjoy each others company. Great show. Hope they can keep it going for a 3rd season!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:16 PM

24 posts, read 31,894 times
Have enjoyed reading all the news about "Nashville"! I like how the actors seem very normal with everyday life. Does anyone remember Avery playing Lucky Spencer eons ago on General Hospital? He really grew up!

Looking forward to seeing how the next season goes. I do hope the "hooking up" that goes on slows down... I think it just cheapens the show. Just my opinion.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie0808 View Post
Have enjoyed reading all the news about "Nashville"! I like how the actors seem very normal with everyday life. Does anyone remember Avery playing Lucky Spencer eons ago on General Hospital? He really grew up!

Looking forward to seeing how the next season goes. I do hope the "hooking up" that goes on slows down... I think it just cheapens the show. Just my opinion.
Susie - I remember! I am 53 and used to watch General Hospital every day after school. By the time Luke and Laura got married I was 21 and got married the same week they did. No I did not plan it that way. Yes I remember Avery playing Lucky Spencer. He was great! I no longer watch G.H. but loved the Luke and Laura years.

I totally agree about the "hooking up". I think it does cheapen the show. I like deeper character developments. It sort of "fits" Juliette when she is in an emotional crisis and she uses sex like a drug, to not feel her real feelings. I don't think it "fits" Rayna at all! She is a Mom to a pre-teen and a teen. A responsible Mother and a very famous one at that where everything would show up in the tabloids, would not be doing that!

I posted that on the regular TV forum and got bashed for saying that so I am sticking to this forum. The people that live in Nashville has CLASS! Even if y'all did not agree with me, I doubt you would attack me.

I love Nashville the City, Nashville the friendly people, and Nashville the TV show!!!

Happy New Year to my fellow Nashville fans!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:12 AM

Wink New Yorkers have class too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie0808 View Post

I just realized you live in New York, I think you have class too!!!

Old 12-30-2013, 09:47 AM

More "Nashville" news . . .

1. Little article in the Tennessean this weekend . . . Jonathan Jackson got a record deal? Chris Carmack talks about how the show blurs lines between reality and fiction. Read about what instruments Chris Carmack plays!

Chris Carmack says to expect “sex, scandal and rock and roll” on ABC’s Nashville | Music | The Tennessean

2. If you are a Charles Deacon Esten fan, he has a 'single' out for the holidays called "The Lights of Graceland" (featuring Sixwire). It's on iTunes. He wrote the song and it's released outside of the "Nashville Cast" albums so you have to search by his name. SOUNDS like a song Elvis would like!

3. Sam Palladio (Gunnar) is appearing in "Nashville Lifestyles" (magazine) Music in the City show on Tuesday, January 28th at BARLINES in the Omni Nashville Hotel, a hot new bar/music venue.

Here is the link to the show:
Music in the City Lineup 2014 - Nashville Lifestyles

Sam was also featured in this month's (Jan 2014) MUSIC ISSUE (small article about how he is here for more than just the show).

And here's a link to BARLINES . . looks very cool!
Downtown Nashville Bar | Barlines | Omni Nashville Hotel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville