Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 10:21 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times

Advertisements

Did I really see some familiar "Nashville" faces out at the big flea market at the fairgrounds this weekend?? If not, "Avery" surely has a doppelganger...or else the "Nashville" look really IS the Nashville "look".

Life imitates art imitating life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,408 times
Avery goes to Flea Markets???? Hmm . . . maybe he's buying a house here. Did anyone besides you recognize him? Did he buy anything??

Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,150 times
Hmm~~ interesting!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:58 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Avery goes to Flea Markets???? Hmm . . . maybe he's buying a house here. Did anyone besides you recognize him? Did he buy anything??
I doubt if he owns it, but I heard he lives in Germantown while in town filming...

Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM

I really don't know if it was "Avery" - but the young man in question surely resembled him. He was browsing in one of the large enclosed areas, and I didn't see what he was looking at - sorry to be so lacking in information. However, given the wide range of wares available, it might have been just about anything! I think he had a young lady friend with him. This was around noon on Saturday.

That particular building had mostly smaller vintage items, as I recall - glassware, china, costume jewelry, doo-dads, vintage clothing, framed pictures, and so on. No large pieces of furniture.

Also there about this same time (but not with Avery) was a tallish man who appeared to be in his fifties, with a ruddy tanned complexion and long steel gray wavy hair to his rather broad shoulders - he was wearing rather low-key country-western clothing, with a nice leather jacket, boots, large belt buckle, etc. I think he was somebody in the music industry, but have no idea who - however, when someone (not me) accidently brushed against him and said "Excuse me", his automatic response was "Hey, how ya doin'??" rather than "That's okay" - rather as if he thought he'd been recognized. Wonder who he was?

There were many young people in the Avery-Scarlett-Gunnar-Juliette age range at the flea market (for those unfamiliar with the area or the market, it is absolutely vast, and takes over much of the state fair grounds, except for the stadium where stockcar racing was underway), and many of them seemed to be considering smaller pieces of vintage furniture, much of which was repainted in HGN style (not my taste - I like original to be original).

But any and everything was for sale there: furniture, smaller housewares, yard and garden items including plants, toys, crafty items, toiletries, antiques of all kinds, vintage clothing, musical instruments, silver, jewelry - LOTS of jewelry - vintage linens, books, recordings, boots, and things for which there was just no description. Parking was $5.00; admission was free. Many people had rolling luggage or carts to hold their finds.

When I briefly visited the same venue several years ago, Cousin Minnie Pearl's Jadite mixing bowl was for sale for around $65 - about twice the usual price back then, due to its provenance. I expect there were similar past possessions of the stars for sale there once again...

BTW, it appears that a father-daughter middle school dance scene is being filmed today - I suppose Mr. Mayor-Dad will step up to his fatherly duties, after steppin' out on his husbandly ones. We'll have to wait a few weeks to find out, but it seems that filming is ongoing at a feverish pace, after the long four-week hiatus of new episodes.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,428 times
They are filming today in Edgefield at Scarlett and Avery's "houses"....there are production trucks lined up and down the street.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I really don't know if it was "Avery" - but the young man in question surely resembled him.
Well, Jonathan tweeted that he went to Memphis to see the Leonard Cohen show, so maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
IAlso there about this same time (but not with Avery) was a tallish man who appeared to be in his fifties, with a ruddy tanned complexion and long steel gray wavy hair to his rather broad shoulders - he was wearing rather low-key country-western clothing, with a nice leather jacket, boots, large belt buckle, etc. I think he was somebody in the music industry, but have no idea who - however, when someone (not me) accidently brushed against him and said "Excuse me", his automatic response was "Hey, how ya doin'??" rather than "That's okay" - rather as if he thought he'd been recognized. Wonder who he was?
Buddy Miller?

Old 03-26-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Well, Jonathan tweeted that he went to Memphis to see the Leonard Cohen show, so maybe not.

Buddy Miller?

Hmmm - I don't recall that the man in question wore a hat, and Buddy is a little sparse on top. I seem to remember that the gentleman's hair was wavy, parted in the middle, and reached just to his shoulders, but wasn't thin on top or in front, as Buddy's seems to be. However, he surely did resemble Buddy otherwise. Any other ideas who he might have been? He was fairly tall - a little burly, but not excessively heavy.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,150 times
You all are SO lucky to be living in Nashville ~ I'm jealous!! Did I read correctly that we have a new episode on tomorrow and Katie Couric is on it interviewing Rayna!!??

Old 03-26-2013, 04:45 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,087,408 times
YES! Finally, new episode!!!

Memphis can be a day trip . . it's not that far - and maybe he has a PLANE!

Does Avery have a new house now that isn't Scarlett's? She lives with Gunnar now right? And someone once said that Scarlett and Deacon's houses are right next to one another - is that true??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville