U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 03:24 PM

7 posts, read 33,946 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I'm hoping you all may be able to help me out. I currently live in Atlanta, but have been offered a job in Brentwood. I'm in no way familiar with the area or TN in general but the job may be an opportunity too good to pass up. I'm a single 25 year old female with two dogs, one of which is a German Shepherd. If I accept the job, I will need to be there in two weeks.

I'm hoping you all might have some insight as to which (if any) rental properties in the area allow a shepherd. Not may do on principle, just because they're considered an "aggressive breed." I've even searched on Craigslist and haven't found any listings by private owners, which is how I've managed to rent in the Atlanta area. Also, I'm not opposed to locations other than Brentwood, however I would like to be in close proximity (I've done hour commutes to work, I won't go back) and an obviously safe area.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 09:02 PM

9 posts, read 15,033 times
Pretty much all of the rental opportunities in Brentwood are in apartment complexes, and most of them aren't in Brentwood per se...there are much more in Cool Springs, just an exit or two up the interstate.

A few places to look: Alara Cool Springs, Wyndchase, The Landings.

I don't know their policies on German Shepherds in particular, but I've known friends that have lived in all three places and have seen people walking large dogs in those complexes.

You may also find people renting out their town homes in Brentwood Pointe.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,582,333 times
Check out padmapper.com too.

Nationwide Insurance cancelled us because we have a GSD, and there are less & less companies offering homeowner insurance to GSD owners. If you find a home to rent, they might balk at the mention of a German Shepherds due to this.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM

25 posts, read 183,802 times
Lightbulb Reopening an old post on German Shepherds...

Hello all, so as not to start a new post, I am jumping in on this one.

My family and I (family of 4) with 2 german shepherds are currently renting in the fieldstone farms subdivision. We'd like to move to a lower priced rental, but one that allows german shepherds.

We've found a few near the Murfreesboro and MacHatcher intersection, however, the home owners do wish to have special insurance on our dogs. (For the original question above)

The only time I've been able to find approval of a german shepherd is if they are a guide dog.

With all of this investigating I've already done, does anyone have any other leads on such rentals, that allow german shepherds? Our girls (sisters) are 9 years old, being that we've had them since they were 8 weeks old, there's no way we'll have them live their golden years anywhere else but with us.

Thanks for any information And I hope it helps the person that asked the question originally....

Angeline

Old 06-17-2014, 02:22 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,582,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbrightness View Post
Hello all, so as not to start a new post, I am jumping in on this one.

My family and I (family of 4) with 2 german shepherds are currently renting in the fieldstone farms subdivision. We'd like to move to a lower priced rental, but one that allows german shepherds.

We've found a few near the Murfreesboro and MacHatcher intersection, however, the home owners do wish to have special insurance on our dogs. (For the original question above)

The only time I've been able to find approval of a german shepherd is if they are a guide dog.

With all of this investigating I've already done, does anyone have any other leads on such rentals, that allow german shepherds? Our girls (sisters) are 9 years old, being that we've had them since they were 8 weeks old, there's no way we'll have them live their golden years anywhere else but with us.

Thanks for any information And I hope it helps the person that asked the question originally....

Angeline

What type of insurance?

My homeowners insurance allows GSD's, we have Liberty Mutual.
Nationwide won't allow them.

(all of mine are 9 yes old too.)

Old 06-17-2014, 07:46 PM

2,231 posts, read 4,449,320 times
I have an Alsatian Sheepdog ;-)

Old 06-17-2014, 09:00 PM

25 posts, read 183,802 times
Artemis, I'm not sure - this man wanted additonal insurance on our German Shepherds. We already carry renters insurance, and he himself has a German Shepherd, but he wanted separate insurance for our girls. Since we're in our lease until December 1st his move in date and our move out date do not coinside, to which I simply didn't follow up with him.

Here's to hoping we find a rental that fits our needs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville