U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 PM

6,416 posts, read 10,821,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsonmom View Post
I recently read some reviews about Spring Hill HS, and found it a bit disheartening., as there seems to be (or was at the time of the post) some issues concerning a local Southern Baptist
church and favoritism in the school.
The post said these kids (in this group) in clicks, were rude and looked down on those not in this particular church. That the school officials also favored these kids above the rest. (?)
My brother lives in Spring Hill...his kids are elementary age. But I haven't heard him mention anything about this.

My question to you -- are you considering the Williamson County side of Spring Hill, or the Maury County side. The city is split by two school districts.

Spring Hill High School serves the Maury County side. Summit High School serves the Williamson County side.

If you are considering the Williamson County side of Spring Hill, then what happens at SHHS is irrelevant.

Also, could you link us to these reviews? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. If it was anything substantial, I would imagine it would be covered by one or more of the local papers. It could just be an upset parent that isn't fond of a particular clique of students. The school has around 900 students, so I highly doubt that one church or one clique would have any sort of real favor in the school. It may have been an isolated incident, or the perspective of a certain treatment by some parents. I can't imagine it being widespread.

Anyhow, I would like to read more about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM

9 posts, read 26,322 times
I have lived in and around Franklin for 35 years and seen it grow tremendously. It is a safe area and good for children. The school are good. And, yes, a person can find some land and housing in the price range you're considering, depending on the square footage you are after, etc. If you pull up info on realtracs.com you should be able to get an idea about this. Some times one has to be persistent in looking, check out auctions, etc. Good luck on finding something! Cor

Old 03-03-2013, 09:40 PM

23 posts, read 43,062 times
I never said I was referring to Franklin.... I was referring to where I grew up... a suburb of Los Angeles. My friends that live south of Franklin, also grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles. I was paying a complement to the area they live that is south of Franklin. I am sorry for those of you in Franklin who thought I was referring to your town.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 PM

1,315 posts, read 3,447,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerguy30 View Post
Hello All,

Thank you in advance for your answers to this post. Everyone on here seems to be very helpful.

Here is the question(s): We are considering a move to Franklin (family, small children, etc.), but...after doing a bit of research and of course searching these boards, I have a few questions.

The main thing we want to know is if it is too pricey for an average family. We are by no means rich and it seems that if you want to live in Franklin, you need to have tons of money. I also have a concern of the whole concept of "keeping up with the Jones'" mentality. We are working hard to raise our kids to serve and give, etc. but while we want to raise them in a good environment, we also don't want them to feel out of place or like they are less than "good enough" due to what they may be around every day. Of course, much if not the majority of that has to do with one's parenting, but you also have to consider that you are making a conscious choice to be in an area that you know will always be more and have more than you have (or want to have for that matter).

*So, would an average family with an average income be out of place in Franklin? Would it even be possible to have an acre or two with a 3/2 bath home here under 175k? If not here, anywhere close by? Also, we are also considering building (wherever we land) so is this an option here as well?

*Are there a lot of transplants there so it will be easy to make friends? (Where we are now is basically people that were born and raised here and have had difficulty making friends, support system, etc. because everyone here already has friends and family, etc. We have no family close by so building a strong friendship base with the right people is very important to us). We would be completely starting from scratch due to employment should we choose this area.

*Are the farm and acreage outside (say 10 miles or less) a good purchase, more so than the 200k + homes in Franklin? Would that be too far from "civilization?"

Again, average people with average income simply looking for a nice decent area to raise our family. Any and all answers (especially from those that have been here for a longgggg time are greatly appreciated).
you'd be happier in Murfreesboro. That is your community.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,004 times
Oh, yes, you'll be happy as a clam in Franklin, Tennessee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or