Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,028 times

Advertisements

I am a 25 year old female who is not married and has no kids. I will be moving to Nashville in about a year to work on my Master's degree. At the same time I will be working since my career is one with a high demand in every state across the US, this will not be an issue finding employment. I am interested in living in a nice, safe, affordable area. I want to be somewhat close to school which is in Davidson but I do not mind driving a little. I am interested in apartments, condos, townhomes, or renting a house. Since I am single I would like to be near some night life but not downtown or in the middle of any high activity. If anyone is famailiar with Louisville, somewhat like the Bardstown road area, but not on the strip. Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 04:40 PM

162 posts, read 602,941 times
What will you be getting your Master's degree in?

Old 09-30-2007, 06:39 PM

356 posts, read 1,127,308 times
If you are going to be at Vanderbilt or Belmont you can find some really cool lofts and apartments around Belmont Blvd. There are actually some one bedroom units on Belmont that are going for right at $100,000. My understanding is that parents are buying them for their kids instead of paying for campus dorms. I did live on 12th Avenue for 4 years in the "12th District" and if you are diligent some deals will come along. We paid $800/month for the bottom of an OLD house - 2 bedroom. I think it is actually still up for rent right now.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:25 PM

32 posts, read 133,100 times
The two closest things we have to the Bardstown Rd scene are the Vandy/Belmont/Hillsboro Village Area and East Nashville.

I live in the Hillsboro Village area which is convenient to Vanderbilt and Belmont. It's great because it's young and vibrant. Great coffee shops, restaurants, and bars. The Belcourt is a great place to see indie flicks and an occasional concert. There is decent shopping the in the area and I like that I can walk or ride my bike to parks and the grocery store. I love seeing live music and i'm a short cab ride away from most venues. As far as safety goes, I feel incredibly safe in this neighborhood. Downside: Rent is a little more and we dont have a good neighborhood record store. (Grimeys is nearby, but I cant walk there). Also, I just hit my thirties and I am begining to feel a little old for the singles scene in this area.

East Nashville is fun, but not as safe as the Hillsboro Vandy area. It's definately more "hipster" than the Hillsboro area. I like the bars and they are starting to get some decent restaurants. East Nashville has a great spirit to it. People that live there love the neighborhood. East Nashville is still up and coming, so your going to have to deal with a little more crime, and fewer of the chains that westsiders enjoy (target, harris teeter, etc.) but it's an awesome neighborhood.

12 South is cool as well. I used to live there. It's comparable to the Hillsboro Village area, but its a little closer to some shady areas.

I hope it helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: