U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-30-2012, 10:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,480 times
Default New job in Brentwood - best area to live?

I may be taking a new job in Brentwood. I'd like to have a 30 min or less commute. We are a middle class family and this would be a corporate job. I have two elementary school age boys and we are would like to have 3-5 acres with a house or at least an acre. What areas would you recomend? Family is pushng Mt Juliet area but I am afraid the commute would be too much. Williamson county seems very very expensive but we were considering Franklin, Grassland or Fairview area. What other area would you recomend that are family friendly and 30 min or less commute? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 10:16 AM

12,357 posts, read 9,698,362 times
Have you owned that much land before? Are you wanting to have animals or just a lot of space?

What is your housing budget?

Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 1,480 times
My wife and I both came from a commercial farming background and my parents still own their farm in another area in TN. We garden and raise small animals (rabbits and chicken) We're trying to keep it under $350k

Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM

12,357 posts, read 9,698,362 times
IN Brentwood city limits, you have to have a minimum of 3 acres to keep animals like that. Not sure about the minimum acreage allowed for animals in Franklin, but I know pens have to be kept 1,000 feet from a house or business in the Franklin city limits.

This is a listing of all lots from 3-5 acres WITH homes in your price range in Williamson County right now:

RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Search Results

The one in Brentwood is not bad, a bit on the small side but 4 bedrooms and a convenient location.

Land in the same county as Brentwood is very expensive. I could not find anything with your paramters in Davidson county, where Nashville is. The town of Fairview (in Williamson) is farther away from most stores and restaurants, but has more affordable land. It is slowly growing as well and is not that far from the Bellevue section of Nashville for conveniences like movie theater, YMCA etc.

I think it's going to be a matter of timing: the right lot being available when you're ready to make an offer.

Have you thought about building? This is a link to the undeveloped lots from 3-5 acres in Williamson County in your price range. Assuming about $250K-$300K to build a house, though ...

http://www.realtracs.com/SearchResul...6uHx+cTNDwKXlA

Old 06-30-2012, 03:07 PM

1,676 posts, read 2,377,857 times
I think you'll need to look further out to places like Bethesda, Arrington, & College Grove sections of Williamson County. I'm not sure how they are listed on Realtracs. I'm not sure your commute will be 30 minutes though.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:35 PM

14 posts, read 11,495 times
I'm happy in Cheatham County, which is NW of Nashville. It is by far the easiest commute into/out of Nashville every day. Taxes are cheap. And, people generally mind their own business. I really like the Scottsboro area just up Hwy 12 from Nashville. Very rural and sleepy area, but just minutes from downtown.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:21 PM

72 posts, read 50,691 times
You could make Wilson County work, I know several people here that work in Brentwood and commute everyday. But, I must admit, it's not a trip I'd enjoy making everyday. It's just hard to get to Brentwood from here if you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville