Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 08:06 PM

4 posts, read 7,270 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

My boyfriend and I are moving from Anchorage, Alaska to Murfreesboro, TN in a couple weeks. We put a deposit down on an apartment at Summer Lake, but I was wondering if anyone has experience living there or can tell us anything about the area?

The pictures look great, google street view seems to live up to the pictures, and every employee I have worked with from there has been exceptional. The reviews I have looked at online have mostly wonderful things to say, although some reviews from years prior are slightly wishy-washy.

Anyone on here live there before? What type of people live there? We might be young students, but we aren't partiers and we attend college online. We both have respectful full-time jobs and are looking more towards a comfortable environment to start a life and raise a family. Any advice is welcomed!

Thanks y'all!

Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 AM

29 posts, read 76,227 times
I haven't lived at summer lake but I did check them out as a possibility early thus year. They are nice apts but for us they were a bit too expensive for the size. We ended up next door at indian park apts. The area has been really nice so far. My bf and I moved here from MS and love it. We are also young (early 20s) and work a lot. Pretty much anything you need is on Church St., except walmart but I heard rumors one might be coming. As far as a family goes, there are lots of kids in both complexes and the schools seem to be good. I rambled a lot I'm sure lol but maybe I helped.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 PM

8 posts, read 23,221 times
I have a friend who lives there and has a 4-year-old. She seems to like it a lot, and I've been inside of her apartment - it's nice and pretty spacious. That area of town is nice and safe, close to grocery stores, restaurants, etc, and right by the interstate (so you can get to the shopping/mall parts of town easily). There may be a handful of students in that area, but most students live within a mile or two of campus, because rent is cheaper there, and they don't have to drive as far. So you probably don't have to worry much about partiers, though some young singles out of college still party.

The thing is, if someone is being too loud with their music or has a ton of people over, you can always call the police, and then also complain to the apartment office. The Murfreesboro PD is really good about coming out to quiet people down (though if it's not an emergency, the may take 20-30 minutes to get to the noise complaint). I think they enjoy busting underage drinkers, and there are plenty of those here in town. LOL. Honestly though, it shouldn't be a frequent occurance. If you have one awful neighbor, they'll get kicked out if they keep causing a disturbance anyway, especially in a nice complex like you're going to.

Thursday night is considered to be "party night" in the Boro, because students often go out of town and back to their parents' homes on the weekend, but that's mostly near campus.

Hope I haven't scared you! Most of the students here are courteous and don't act crazy even if they are drinking. I used to be one of them! LOL. My friend and I rented a house near campus, and we had parties every weekend, but we never got noise complaints b/c we didn't usually play music, and we weren't roaming the streets being loud and obnoxious. If a neighbor had complained, we wouldn't have been rude to them - we'd definitely have sent people home, or asked everyone to calm down at least.

The area you are moving to is mostly young working people, some with kids, and some without. The Kroger out there is really nice. They have a good selection of organic foods at a decent price. I can tell you where the good restaurants are in town too, if you want to know. I've been here for 11 years.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:24 PM

3 posts, read 10,974 times
I also live in Indian Park Apartments which are right next to Summerlake, as Summerlake was too expensive for me and my fiance'. That area is fairly nice but if you drive down Indian Park past the apartments it can get a little sketchy...but we have never had any problems at all and there seems to always be a cop trolling the area.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 AM

5 posts, read 9,906 times
If no one minds me asking, what are the prices like at Indian Park? My fiance and I will relocating to the Nashville area pretty soon and I'll be working in La Vergne and we're trying to find a place to live. Pretty similar to everyone else who has commented so far too...we're in our mid 20's and are both done with school. Any help or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated too.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,186 times
Thumbs down summerlake is horrible!!!!

I live there now!! be very leery, the pond is a swamp and mosquito infested. I have been here almost a year and cant wait to move. My windows do not open. I don't have screens in my windows and have complained numerous times. Our bathroom ceiling leaks and they come to "FIX" it every couple weeks now there is so much moisture in there is mold on the wall. When you move in they have you fill out a complaint or list of things that are wrong. I told them there were bugs in the apartment and they said oh we will get someone there immediately, never saw anyone complained again the next month, again no one came. The next month I REALLY complained as we were being bit in our sleep. The send someone down finally and they were bedbugs...mind you I bought BRAND NEW beds when we moved here and I told them the day we MOVED in that there were these bugs. They sent me a bill for $300.00, needless to say I was livid!! I told them I wasn't paying it!! the next month I had an eviction notice on my door and the contract saying I will pay for any extermination of bed begs, didn't matter that they were there before I got there. The neighbors behind me have mice and they broke their lease due to them not taking care of it. A man in the next building got evicted on the word of 1 person saying his dog bit him. The next week he was bragging about getting that &^%$# evicted and that he had lied about it because he didn't like him. The dog park isn't lit, NOBODY picks up the dog poop, ANYWHERE, not just in the dag park, I can hardly let my grand daughter out to play with out getting poop on her feet. My microwave broke and it took # months to get a new one. The maintenance people have quit twice since we have been here and they brought in new management a few months ago that is WAY worse than the ones prior!! My neighbors have about 15 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment and they sit outside all night on their kitchen chairs singing, trying on clothes in the parking lot. This has been the WORST apartment experience EVER!! Sorry to have went on and on but I am very upset with these people!! Oh and to break your lease it is 2 months plus one months rent!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville