Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 982 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Nashville from Dallas and am debating between two places to live. I am a 30 year old female nurse that is pretty laid back. I will be living alone and have one dog. I can either do a 791 sq ft 1 bedroom apartment at Eleven North near the Gulch or a 850 sq ft 2 bedroom loft condo at Germantown Lofts for close to the same price. Can anyone give me any opinions on which area might be safer? Better area to be able to walk around? I really like both areas for different reasons. I like all the amenities that Eleven North and the Gulch have to offer but I really like the vibe and size of the Germantown loft. I feel like I have done as much research and racked my brain as much as I can, so thanks so much for any opinions or help you can give!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 06:01 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,927 times
I live at Eleven North and it's super dog friendly. Aside from Roosters and 12th& Porter, not sure I'd call it walkable to go out at night. The apt itself is great. Love all the brand new everything. Would like more space (I moved from a full flat in San Francisco) but it,s fine for now. The thing I'm most happily surprised about is that you don't hear the neighbors through the walls AT ALL. There is quite a bit of street noise...11th Ave is busy in the mornings and afternoons.

But if I were walking distance to Germantown Cafe, Silo and the Farmers Market......I might be VERY happy.

Good luck!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 AM

610 posts, read 1,623,684 times
I'd go with Gulch over Germantown-I'm 29 with a dog myself. If I were single, I'd definitely live downtown/Gulch just for the walkability and stuff to do nearby.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 AM

367 posts, read 585,011 times
I would pick Germantown for the Farmer's Market alone.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:16 PM

627 posts, read 1,846,177 times
The Gulch. Not even close.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:21 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,118 times
The Gulch if you prefer nightlife. Germantown if you prefer a more neighborhood/community feel.

I spent a year living in Germantown and loved it! Walking and biking to the Farmers Market was one of the best parts but I also enjoyed the area restaurants and community events like Oktoberfest. I would call it a "front porch community" in the early evenings you could walk down the street and people would be in their front yards or porches playing music, playing "corn hole" and things like that. Everyone was pretty friendly so it was easy to meet the neighbors and make friends.

The Gulch is probably safer after dark. Germantown itself is fine but it borders some rougher areas. Morgan park always seemed pretty safe and they had a little dog-level fountain for the pups to drink from. My dogs loved that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: