Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 06:23 PM

445 posts, read 769,998 times

Advertisements

The GF and I are coming to Nashville this Sunday for the Carrie Underwood concert. We are staying at a hotel downtown and plan to take cabs everywhere we go.

I am looking for recommendations on:

A cool bar reasonably close to Bridgestone

and

A cool place to get breakfast Monday morn.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 12:04 AM

2,325 posts, read 2,649,667 times
Check the forums at tripadvisor.com as they are for visitors. City data forums are for relocation mainly.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:19 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,871,505 times
We welcome trip-planning questions and answer this type of query all the time around here.

The blue "Search this Forum" tab on the right side of the main Nashville page will allow you to enter a key word or phrase, like "things to do" or "weekend plans," bringing up all the recent threads like this one.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Check the forums at tripadvisor.com as they are for visitors. City data forums are for relocation mainly.
God forbid

I answer "visitor" questions all the time on my city's CD page

Old 09-21-2012, 06:48 AM

610 posts, read 1,622,537 times
If you want to do the touristy thing: stick with the bars on and around Broadway downtown-these are right next to Bridgestone. There's Margaritaville, Paradise Park, Broadway Brewhouse, The Stage, Tootsie's...You can walk around to all of these easily.
If you don't want to do the touristy thing: cab it over 3 minutes to the Gulch: Flying Saucer, Bar Louie's, Whiskey Kitchen, Yazoo Brewerey.
Another 5 minute cab ride will take you to Midtown-Broadway Brewhouse, Red Door, Blue Bar, Winner's and Loser's, Rebar. You can cab it over there and walk around to these.
Jackson's in Hillsboro has a great brunch. Also Noshville in Green Hills. Pancake Pantry in Hillsboro is popular and shouldn't be too packed Monday morning.
Have fun!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:42 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,083,883 times
I second the Flying Saucer. It is behind Union Station Hotel which is impressive - in fact, there is a very cool little bar in the lobby. The Flying Saucer is loud, though. You CAN walk from the Bridgestone.

The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com

If money is no object . . . . I'd go to the bar in the Palms. The Palms (steak restaurant) is sort of underneath the Hilton. It is right across from the entrance to the Bridgestone. They have fancy schmancy drinks and a "Prime Bite" bar menu:

https://www.thepalm.com/Nashville

Fun to get over there right after the concert and then watch the Bridgestone unload all the fans.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:42 PM

3,035 posts, read 3,297,163 times
You could try the Pancake Pantry on Monday. Take a chance on shorter lines? Centennial park is always open but the interior Parthenon is closed Mondays all year.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 PM

Hi, thanks for the advice.

Ideally, for post-concert, I am looking for possibly a more "nice" couples-oriented place than an all-out party. Cost is no huge concern and neither is walking distance, the lady friend will be wearing heels so I dont want to walk far, we will take a cab wherever.

Thanks!

and BTW I have been to the Pancake Pantry years ago, will probably return

Old 09-21-2012, 07:16 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,023,453 times
Noshville on Broadway has much better pancakes than the Pantry-IMO.
Have fun at the concert and during your stay in Nashville!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:58 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,083,883 times
I'd go to the bar at the Palm. It's not far at all and is very classy but still feels like it's in the middle of the action. I mean, if you want classy. Fancy drinks like Lemon Drops . . . . if i was wearing heels that's where I'd want to go. The bar at the Union Station is also classy but a bit of a walk up hill. Flying Saucer is lots of beer and very noisy. I think there is a bar at the Hermitage Hotel called the Oak Bar, also classy, but away from Broadway.

You can always peek inside the Palm on your way out from the Bridgestone and see if it's someplace you'd like, or not . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville