Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 01:59 PM

6 posts, read 23,880 times

Advertisements

WOW, ok, "cute" is a first for me on here. The bell on my sarcasm detector is ringing.

~ not at all, my apologies if it came across wrong.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
Have you considered Franklin????

Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,506 times
Hendersonville and Brentwood are pretty different. While Hendersonville has some Brentwood-like areas, overall Brentwood is much more upscale. Brentwood does have better schools although Hendersonville schools rank well and there is a magnet school ranked #3 in the state if your kids qualify. The lake is probably Hendersonville's largest advantage over Brentwood and the main reason this area draws some stars and millionaires away from the south side from time to time.

To give you an example, on realtracs.com, there currently 8 properties listed in H'ville at over 1 million with the top being 4.9 million. In Brentwood there are 76 with the top being 6.8 million. This is in spite of Hendersonville being almost twice the size of Brentwood, lol.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:48 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
What is your price range? I know you want to lower your monthly mortgage but that really depends on how much you put down and your credit score . . . knowing your price range would help!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 PM

6 posts, read 18,620 times
We moved to Hendersonville about a year ago and love it! I have 2 boys, the oldest was going into 9th grade and youngest 4th grade when we moved here. We decided on the Station Camp schools and have been very happy with our decision. This area of Hendersonville has a lot of transplants, but the drive to Nashville would be a bit longer, close to Vietnam Vets though. I was worried about moving my son as he was going into high school, but he fit right in and has made a lot of friends! Very friendly community! Also, I think you would find a very nice home here!

Old 10-19-2012, 05:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,188 times
Hello
We also are relocating from the East (NJ). We are currently in an area, where everyone wants to "Keep up with the Jones" and honestly I hate it, as does my 12 year old daughter (possibly leaving Brentwood out of the equation- also home prices are too high for us). We really seem to like Hendersonville High School.. My question, can someone recommend a subdivision of homes $250k range, around 10- 15 years old???

Old 10-19-2012, 06:46 AM

722 posts, read 2,100,990 times
If you go to realtracs.com, you can put in the price and name of the school you are interested in.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:00 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
You should be able to find lots of homes zoned for Hendersonville HS in that price range. ANd El Passeaus is spot-on...realtracs.com is the way to go for searching real estate. The Indian Lake peninsula should have a number of well established subdivisions (meeting your 10-15 year requirement) in that price range. So too would the Walton Ferry/Sanders Ferry peninsula as well.

I would also recommend you look in the Station Camp HS area too. It's a little further northeast on the edge of Hendersonville/Gallatin, but it is the newest HS in the county, has great reviews, and you might be able to find more house for the money since it is a little less densely populated part of Hendersonville.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 PM

256 posts, read 482,248 times
If you're considering Hendersonville, stop! Choose Gallatin. Everyone knows Gallatin is better than dumpy Hendersonville.

I kid, I kid.

Both cities are in Sumner County. Gallatin is the County seat, so most of the county related resources will be in Gallatin. Gallatin has a Great traditional southern square in the heart of town. Unfortunately, Attorney's take up most of the storefronts in the square. I wish that would change, as there is crazy potential for niche businesses and food business that could thrive.

If I recall, when they were doing projections for population growth for the commutator rail line, Sumner county was slated to have the greatest growth for the longest time span. Going well into 2025.

Gallatin won't be Franklin, but that's not a bad thing either.

Hendersonville has more shopping hands down compared to G-Town, and is a little closer to Nashville.

Good luck and Welcome!

Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 PM

8 posts, read 13,058 times
My husband and I moved to Hendersonville a little over 11 years ago. I'm from Memphis and he's from Michigan. We absolutely LOVE living here! The reasons I love it...the community is wonderful (Family Circle named it in it's Top Ten Cities to raise a family), it has a small town feel but with all the conveniences, great churches, fabulous schools (my three are at Station Camp Elementary), the lake, etc., etc. There are plenty of transplants here and you still feel like you "belong". We also considered Brentwood and Franklin before deciding on Hville. I wanted new build, all the amenities, and great schools, but had no interest in the "keeping up with the Jones" mentality. That's exactly what you'll find here.

In addition to the schools and churches, there are a couple of great dance studios. Two of my girls have attended classes at one of them for 4 years. My other daughter takes Karate in Hville as well. This community loves sports! There's a very nice Y, nice golf courses, nice parks and some down to earth celebrities you'll see having lunch in Panera or shopping at Target. It's just a great place to live.

As a matter of a fact, I only know about this forum because we are considering a move to St. Louis. My husband was offered a promotion but it would require us to move there. We are devastated! We're blessed to have the option, and know it could be a good opportunity but do not want to leave Hendersonville. The thought of having to leave this community and risk not ever coming back is heart wrenching for us.

If you do end up moving here and want any more advice on neighborhoods, etc. I'm happy to help! Good luck with your decision. Now, on to the St. Louis threads so we can make ours! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville