Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,309 times

Advertisements

My grandfather was a residential building contractor for several years, until the recession hit us so hard that we had no other option than to dissolve the company. After doing so we had several rental storage facilities that had to be cleaned out. Having no other place to put any of these building materials, we were forced to store them on our own property. We have a large two car garage and several storage sheds on the property, and they are all completely filled to the brim with these building materials. This stuff ranges from doors, to windows, scaffolding, plywood of various dimensions, sheetrock, concrete board, tile, lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, and just about anything you can imagine that would be used in the construction of a home. Does anyone know of any way to sell some of this stuff off, other than a yard sale or craigslist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
You could donate it to the Habitat ReStore:

About Us

Or maybe try this option, if you have enough stuff:
http://auctions.tigergroupllc.com/cg...l.cgi?tigergrp

Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 PM

95 posts, read 206,401 times
Why would you not want to sell on Craigslist? It is probably your best bet and would lead to the best value.

Other than that I would recommend contacting specific small businesses that might be interested.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 AM

957 posts, read 3,699,479 times
If you want to make it go away fast, contact some large contractors and take some offers on the entire lot. You'll end up with pennies on the dollar, but it will all go away quickly. CL will be your best bet to get the most out of it, but it may take some time and aggravation.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Maybe contact a handful of construction companies and hold an "open house". Designate one day, set your hours, and let them make offers on whatever they want. Then donate what's left, take the tax deduction, and be done with it.

Good luck, whatever you choose.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:19 PM

3 posts, read 3,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey johnson View Post
My grandfather was a residential building contractor for several years, until the recession hit us so hard that we had no other option than to dissolve the company. After doing so we had several rental storage facilities that had to be cleaned out. Having no other place to put any of these building materials, we were forced to store them on our own property. We have a large two car garage and several storage sheds on the property, and they are all completely filled to the brim with these building materials. This stuff ranges from doors, to windows, scaffolding, plywood of various dimensions, sheetrock, concrete board, tile, lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, and just about anything you can imagine that would be used in the construction of a home. Does anyone know of any way to sell some of this stuff off, other than a yard sale or craigslist?
Boy I would have loved to buy a few items from you to build my storage shed. I was just in Nashville Christmas.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,328,903 times
I didn't see this post. OP -- if you're still out there and still have this stuff, direct message me. I know a couple of contractors that might be interested in at least some of the stuff.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:41 AM

3 posts, read 3,243 times
Yes I am interesting to buy some items from these items but i can not buy all items.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-12-2013 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: no signatures per tos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville