Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:37 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,295 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestions, alleycat and carolmcb. My husband bought his Civic at Crest and has all his maintenece done there and has been very pleased. I was hoping to find someone trustworthy in Murfreesboro. My Mom will be the one to drive over with me when I leave the van for repair and she can't drive outside Murfreesboro. I keep telling her that if she can drive in the Boro she can drive anywhere... :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 06:41 PM

252 posts, read 390,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Could you post or PM me this guy's name/number? The rear hatch struts and air conditioning *just* went out on my 3 year old Honda Odyssey and I'm looking for a trustworthy, good honda mechanic as well!

Thanks!
3 years old?? Bring it to a Honda dealer ask/demand that it be fixed under warranty! Most manufacturers make exceptions slightly out of warranty.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:01 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlfamily View Post
3 years old?? Bring it to a Honda dealer ask/demand that it be fixed under warranty! Most manufacturers make exceptions slightly out of warranty.
Yep, 3 years and 2 months old. I'm over my warranty mileage, though, by about 15K miles. I drive my Mom around a lot taking her to visit relatives out of state and such.

I do have a call into Honda about the hatch struts. The a/c is most likely damage from road debris and they don't cover that under warranty even if you just drove it off the lot.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,403 times
Default Honest and affordable Car repair and Maintanence

After asking around and search different web forum for a good affordable and honest mechanic in the Nashville area, several people at Vanderbilt had great thing to say about Auto Experts. There website [url=http://www.autoexpertstn.com]Auto Experts Home Page[/url] Auto Experts has all the contact info and services provided.

Several of my coworkers have been going to Auto Experts in Nashville for years; they have great prices for everything from regular auto maintenance and service to major mechanical and body work. Some one hit my parked car a month ago not only did I have my car back within the week (looking like new) but they charged me $1050 less than the body shop AAA had towed my car too. Anyway I’m rambling since I saved a thousand buck!
Hope this helps

Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
BST

451 posts, read 1,202,408 times
I used to take my car to Waynick Auto Repair on OHB between Hermitage and DuPont. That was 10+ years ago, though...so I can't confirm he's still in business. (I've moved away from Nashville.) Back then, Ed Waynick was indeed an honest, reputable neighborhood mechanic.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,288 times
Default Good Affordable Mechanic In Murfreesboro Tennessee

I love my my mechanics work so much I wrote a blog. He has helped me out so many times and saved me lots.
Auto Masters, 1026 W. College Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 615-506-4869
He does not know anything with computers, so I am doing this to help him being he has saved me $1000s and always been there for me.
[URL]http://www.automasterstennessee.blogspot.com[/URL] might have to cut and paste to browser.. If you use him for any work, please send me feedback to put on his blog and in this forum... He deserves the best for what he gives. This is my attempt to "Pay It Forward"

Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,175 times
I'm mechanic at home working on meny make and models vihacle if you need repair call me 615-299-7117

Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 AM

369 posts, read 942,299 times
madison community garage

Old 02-10-2009, 02:47 PM

43 posts, read 305,390 times
This one isn't near Hermitage, but I thought I'd put my two cents in: Rhea Little in Brentwood has been fixing my family's cars for almost 20 years now... they are really good with foreign cars (like my old toyota) and honest, too. I wouldn't take my car anyplace else.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:25 AM

16 posts, read 95,519 times
Sorry for bringing an old thread up but I don't want to make a new one.

I have an Acura and I took it to Accurate Automotive, which specializes in Hondas/Acuras in La Vergne. However, I feel that they're too expensive. I already spent almost $750 in repairs alone...the majority was the O2 sensor replacement since it failed emissions.

Any suggestions to take my car to other reliable, affordable, honest mechanics? They started that I need my CV joints, Timing Belt, and Radiator replaced but they quoted me with "an arm and a leg" price.

Thanks!

PS- Is there a difference with Red and Green Temporary tags? Mines is red and I see other cars on the interstate and streets green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville