U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:20 AM

41 posts, read 112,541 times
Default Good Affordable Mechanic in Nashville Area

Hey Folks, Do you know any good yet afforadable mechanic in Nashville area? I know there are many mechanics out there who are just trying to rip off their customers, specially if they don't know anything about cars to begin with. It will be really great if you can give me their name or addresses who are in or close by Hermitage area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 06:19 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,188,258 times
I recommend Access Plus on Napoleon Ave in Nashville. Napoleon is just South of the
State Fairgrounds. Reasonable cost, and excellent trouble-shooting skills.

Charles guarantees his work, unlike some mechanics in town.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:39 AM

9 posts, read 26,264 times
I can't think of his name now, but he just opened a shop on Gallatin pike in E. Nashville right across from a CVS. About the 2200 block. Just up from the Diecel college.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:14 PM

209 posts, read 474,479 times
I asked a guy at work the same question recently about a good mechanic and he told me to go to the Citgo gas station on trousdale dr near the crieve hall area. He said that he is good on the price and he is extremely knowledgable. He said that other mechanics stop by sometimes to ask him a question.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 PM

109 posts, read 277,984 times
What kind of car is it? I just got my Honda fixed in Murfreesboro by a very knowledgeable mechanic referred to me by coworkers for half the cost of what the shop in Hillsboro Village quoted me. However, he only works with foreign cars.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:39 PM

209 posts, read 474,479 times
I have recently discovered a great place to take my car in Franklin. Pewitt Bros. on Columbia just south of Five Points in Franklin. They aren't the fastest at getting your car done, but they do not lie to you like many do. They have saved me hundreds of dollars already in 2008.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:22 PM

731 posts, read 1,463,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sent View Post
What kind of car is it? I just got my Honda fixed in Murfreesboro by a very knowledgeable mechanic referred to me by coworkers for half the cost of what the shop in Hillsboro Village quoted me. However, he only works with foreign cars.
Could you post or PM me this guy's name/number? The rear hatch struts and air conditioning *just* went out on my 3 year old Honda Odyssey and I'm looking for a trustworthy, good honda mechanic as well!

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 AM

6,300 posts, read 15,483,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Could you post or PM me this guy's name/number? The rear hatch struts and air conditioning *just* went out on my 3 year old Honda Odyssey and I'm looking for a trustworthy, good honda mechanic as well!

Thanks!
I've had pretty good luck with the service shop at Crest Honda.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:55 AM

189 posts, read 661,054 times
Antioch Auto Center on Antioch Pike is the best we have ever found.

We have lived in Nashville for over 12 years and have been dissatisfied with every auto repair job done during that time until we found Rocky at Antioch Auto Center. He does what he says that he will do and the price is more than fair.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:12 PM

54 posts, read 98,687 times
Thanks for posting this. We recently had some car repairs and ended up having to take it to the dealer. The dealership misdiagnosed the problem the first time, and it ended up costing us nearly $1000 for a $300 repair. We won't be going back there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville