Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 PM

247 posts, read 751,346 times

Advertisements

thanks for the info everyone. If we get a room in will be within 5-10 minutes on google just to be safe.
The Loew's hotel is the cheapest with my company discount (out of the ones near it's location) that is why I didn't list the others. It's actually cheaper than the Hampton, Marriott, Holiday Inn, etc near the area.

I was looking into the Day's Inn on Whitebridge because it is half the price of The Loew's but I've read bad reviews. Comfort Inn & Holiday Inn are also options. We''ll get in about 10pm & leave early so we won't spend much time there. I'm more considered about safety in the area. I've never been to that part of Nashville but I was always told anything near Charlotte was not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If you stay in Clarksville you will have to get up at the crack of dawn to beat rush hour traffic. .
how early would you guestimate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post

From there, follow 70S to your appointment. Traffic will be slow that time of day, and parking at St Thomas will be tricky. You need to let the folks at St Thomas give you more specific instructions.
thanks. They suggested dropping it off at the free valet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 PM

813 posts, read 2,031,772 times
^ There's quite a quality disparity between Loews and those sort of little roadside inns. Also, the Midtown-West End area would provide a much more interesting brief stay, IMO. So it's really a question of how much money you want to save. Personally, I'd opt for the Loews, but I don't know your situation.

Charlotte is a mostly utilitarian artery, but it definitely is not one of those streets that should strike fear in anyone. It has some good and rough parts like most of the major pikes. Although the area around the Charlotte/White Bridge intersection is far from glamorous, it is pretty safe. There's a brand new police precinct literally right next to the Comfort Inn you mentioned and a strong (if not somewhat oppressive-feeling ) police presence. There is a good deal of traffic at that intersection from time to time and it's also very close to I-40. That's probably another reason it's so cheap.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 PM

247 posts, read 751,346 times
I'm pretty cheap in general. My work has sent me to some the worlds finest hotels & though it is visually more appealing (and usually cleaner) to stay in the nicer ones, they all have a bed and a shower which is what I require. I'd rather take the $ I save and spend it on an object or activity after my appointment. I guess I'm weird.

Well, I think I'm going with the Holiday Inn. It is not much cheaper than The Loews, but it has free parking. You eased my mind a bit on the area, so I think it will be ok. Will leaving 30 minutes early give me plenty of time I assume? It appears to be a <10 minute drive.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:43 PM

813 posts, read 2,031,772 times
Okay, it looked like that Holiday Inn was being renovated earlier this year so maybe it won't be too bad. It should take you less than 10 minutes to get from the Holiday Inn to St. Thomas even at 8am. Getting from St. Thomas to Vandy may take a little longer, but traffic shouldn't be horrible at that time of day. Just follow ziggy's suggestions on the first page and you should be all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville