Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,055 times

Advertisements

Chauffeuring the kiddos to a concert at Bridgestone Arena. Need ideas on somewhere close by to hang out until its over. Preferably somewhere safe, free, public, and with wifi. Any suggestions?

Last edited by OneTN; 11-24-2012 at 11:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
Wow, that's a tough one. Unless you want to learn to line dance at the Wild Horse . . . .

What night of the week is the concert?

My first thought is Panera Bread, 401 Commerce Street, about one block up from Broadway - the street the 'back' end of the Ryman is on. They are only open until 7:30 but they do have wifi. There are tables outside where I guess you could surf but not sure it's warm enough for that. Further up that street is Pucketts. You could have a slow dinner there and hang around if it wasn't a crowded night.

The Frist Museum is open Thursday and Friday nights until 9 and they have a nice cafe. Bit of a walk from the Bridgestone but there is parking around there - behind the museum and behind Union Station.

Not sure how long the Hilton (right across from the Bridgestone) would let you sit in their lobby but I think you could 'hang' in the Lobby of the Renaissance Hotel. It is attached to the Library Parking Lot and the Convention Center. There is a Starbucks that closes at 6 but a lot of nice seating around there, and computers for guests to use. MAYBE they don't turn the wifi off? Where the Starbucks is, is far enough away from the front desk for them to not maybe notice you sitting there for a couple of hours.

OR you could use a parking lot near Panera and see if their signal reached your car?

In any case, I would park NORTH of Broadway. You can always get back to 65 on a number of streets. Parking south of Broadway, you run into blocked streets and construction and it will take forever.

What are the kiddos seeing?

Nashville, TN Hotel: Luxury Hotel in Downtown Nashville, Tennessee at Renaissance

PS. The bar at the Palms is very very nice . . . . and right across from the entrance to the Bridgestone. You'd have to buy a drink but is that such a bad thing????

Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Nashville's awesome library is within walking distance, but they close at 6PM on Fridays. Locations - Nashville Public Library

Farmers Market fits your criteria except for hours, too, usually shutting down by 6PM.
nashvillefarmersmarket.org

Why don't you check out our newest book store, Parnassus? They host big name authors (Rachael Ray is coming in a couple weeks) and it's a great place to spend some time and find that perfect book for you or a gift. Open til 8PM. Not far from downtown, and across the street from the Green Hills Mall. You could walk around there until your kids were ready to leave. Parnassus Books

Have fun!

Old 11-25-2012, 09:43 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
I LOVE the idea of going to Parnassus but I think it's a bit far. There IS a Barnes & Nobel at Vandy that is open until 10 or 11 (depending on the night)

Customer Service *-*Barnes & Noble at Vanderbilt University*Bookstore

Just take Broadway until it turns into West End Ave.

I guess for ME I would like to be parked because trying to find a parking place on a night when there's something at the Bridgestone is tough . . .

Old 11-25-2012, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,055 times
Unfortunately it's tonight, Sunday. I don't figure that leaves me many options. I bought a ticket just to get in the door but the concert is not one I'm interested in seeing (at all). Guess I could sit in the lobby. Thanks for your suggestions! I may try the Renaissance if we manage to sell my ticket.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTN View Post
Unfortunately it's tonight, Sunday. I don't figure that leaves me many options. I bought a ticket just to get in the door but the concert is not one I'm interested in seeing (at all). Guess I could sit in the lobby. Thanks for your suggestions! I may try the Renaissance if we manage to sell my ticket.
I'd walk over to the Hilton and you could go into the sports bar or even the lobby. Might have wi-fi. Closer than the Rensaissance and nicer IMO (and I've stayed at the R.) The Hilton sports bar has an outer area that has tables and is quieter. Buy one drink and you could stay all night (yes, we've watched sports for hours in there).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville