Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel127 View Post
Thank you for the maps. I have a much better idea of the general areas now. So I was looking at available rentals in the area, what about Goodlettsville? No one has really said much about it, but rents there seem a bit more affordable, it seems like it would be closer to Nashville since it is right off the free way, and it is only a few miles from where I will be working.
The nicest apartments in Goodlettsville are just off conference drive near the 386 bypass/I65 connection. I think the 2 largest are Preston Run and Lennox Place. They are less than 5 minutes from Rivergate, less than 10 minutes from Glenbrook and about 15 minutes from downtown without traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 AM

86 posts, read 210,797 times
One complex in Goodlettsville worth a look is Piccadilly Apartments off of Conference Drive. It's right next to the bypass, so it's really convenient to get to both Hendersonville and Nashville, as well as a very short drive to Rivergate. The 1-bed apartments start at $685 and 2-beds at $799. Some of the units have a bit of a townhouse sort of feel, so it might be familiar to you. Also there's a neighborhood behind Piccadilly that has a bunch of rental houses and townhouses that are quite nice. (My wife and I have a friend who lives back there.) We actually just moved to Goodlettsville ourselves, to a house off of Springfield Highway a bit further north. It's a very friendly town, with a couple of different farmers markets, and although it has a few cookie-cutter subdivisions, it doesn't have as much suburban sprawl as Madison or Hendersonville. The location is really convenient as well.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:53 PM

93 posts, read 422,591 times
Thank you dngirard! I have heard Piccadilly Apartments mentioned quite a few times here. How far of a drive would it be from there to the downtown areas? Mostly if I wanted to go out at night? Also, I don't mind driving up to 10-12 miles to get to work if it meant I could be closer to the downtown areas. How bad is traffic heading north from the Hermitage area?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Thank you dngirard! I have heard Piccadilly Apartments mentioned quite a few times here. How far of a drive would it be from there to the downtown areas? Mostly if I wanted to go out at night? Also, I don't mind driving up to 10-12 miles to get to work if it meant I could be closer to the downtown areas. How bad is traffic heading north from the Hermitage area?

The Picadilly Apartments are about 12 miles from downtown and right at the interstate so you could get downtown in 15 minutes without traffic. Rivergate would be less than 5 minutes away and Glenbrook would be just under 10 minutes.

Hermitage would not be much closer to downtown and the commute to Rivergate or Hendersonville is tricky. You'd have to take i40 to 65 or take secondary roads like Old Hickory Blvd, Myatt Drive, etc. the commute time would be about 30 minutes withou traffic.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM

Thank you! So Hermitage area probably would not work for me. I think it would just be too far and too much of a hassle to commute to work every day. A recent development, I have just found out that the company I work for (David's Bridal, I am a wedding consultant), does have a location in Murfreesboro that I would be able to transfer to as well if I wanted to. My question is this, since the only other location with openings in the Nashville area is in Hendersonville, (well Madison), how does Hendersonville area compare to Murfreesboro? Since neither location seems like it would be very close to the "hot" areas of Nashville, maybe I would be better off considering the Murfreesboro location since it seems like I could get far more for my money there than in Hendersonville. I am mostly looking to live in a location where I can get a nice apartment, in a safe neighborhood, that has access to basic shopping and dining options as well fun and unique places for a 20 something year old professionals to go out and enjoy night life. Should I consider Murfreesboro or just stick to the Hendersonville, area?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Thank you! So Hermitage area probably would not work for me. I think it would just be too far and too much of a hassle to commute to work every day. A recent development, I have just found out that the company I work for (David's Bridal, I am a wedding consultant), does have a location in Murfreesboro that I would be able to transfer to as well if I wanted to. My question is this, since the only other location with openings in the Nashville area is in Hendersonville, (well Madison), how does Hendersonville area compare to Murfreesboro? Since neither location seems like it would be very close to the "hot" areas of Nashville, maybe I would be better off considering the Murfreesboro location since it seems like I could get far more for my money there than in Hendersonville. I am mostly looking to live in a location where I can get a nice apartment, in a safe neighborhood, that has access to basic shopping and dining options as well fun and unique places for a 20 something year old professionals to go out and enjoy night life. Should I consider Murfreesboro or just stick to the Hendersonville, area?
Well Murfreesboro is almost 3 times further from downtown than the Goodlettsville locations you were considering. However it's a college town so it does have a small scene of its own.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 AM

Another question about the Hendersonville and Goodlettsville area's...I don't attend church and I am not particularly religious. I have absolutely nothing against people who do attend church of course, I believe everyone has a right to worship as they see fit. Its just I don't want to feel looked down upon or criticized because I do not go to church.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 AM

722 posts, read 2,100,990 times
I have lived in Hendersonville for a little over a year and a half and in all my conversations with the people in my neighborhood, I think I have discussed what church I go to maybe once or twice.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:29 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,656 times
Quote:
Another question about the Hendersonville and Goodlettsville area's...I don't attend church and I am not particularly religious. I have absolutely nothing against people who do attend church of course, I believe everyone has a right to worship as they see fit. Its just I don't want to feel looked down upon or criticized because I do not go to church.
I've been here 12 yrs, and I've never been asked about church.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
You'll probably hear from some people that they get asked about their religion/church all the time...but I've probably been asked maybe 2-3 times in the last 15 years. And usually it's because it is relavent to the conversation.

Yes, its the "buckle of the Bible Belt", but generally speaking most people around here (and in Gville and Hville) are live and let live people who aren't going to proselytize you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville