Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 PM

28 posts, read 75,675 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Brentwood. We had a wack realtor, and we are battling repairs, but we love it so far! My son is in Sunset and really likes it. We think we have found a church; so far so good. Need help with other stuff. We are looking for a good place for music lessons. A good dentist. A good orthodontist. A good family doctor. We are close to Franklin also, and pretty close to Nashville I guess. I would not be opposed to driving a bit for someone great. Oh, and great restaurants and shopping. I will tell you we have found a few restaurants we really like. Corner Asian on Concorde and Nolensville Rd. We thought Mama Mia's had great Italian. Their service is sketchy. It's one of the few places that is BYOB which I personally love, but in Dallas, no corkage fee. Cruise ships do that, restaurants should not. Just thought I would share a bit since I am asking for others to share. Looking forward to hearing all of your great suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
I go to a dentist in Berry Hill...I've had the same one since I was a kid (been about 21 years). But he's probably getting close to retirement. He has an apprentice who seems pretty nice, though. Of course this would be a little bit of a drive for you, but if you're interested, DM me.

If you find a good dentist, usually they will recommend good orthodontists or oral surgeons.

"Great" restaurants depends on a number of factors. There are a couple of decent ones up Nolensville Rd, but I think most of what you would be looking for would be in Cool Springs or Downtown Franklin, as well as a few in Brentwood. I would also encourage you to check out some of the neighborhood places up in Nashville...especially East Nashville, 12th South, and Sylvan Park.

Oh, and a little side note, I'm guessing with the way you spelled "Concorde" Road, that you pronounce it like the airplane by the same name. Just FYI, local pronunciation is 'konkurd' or 'konkerd' with no space between the syllables, rather than 'konkord' or 'kon-kord' which sounds like a compound word.

...not that most people will notice that, since so many people in Brentwood aren't from there.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:52 PM

222 posts, read 638,844 times
Welcome to the area! I love our dentist. J.A. Reynolds is his name, and here is the website: Franklin Tennessee Premiere Cosmetic Dentist | JA Reynolds, DDS. The office is in Franklin on Murfreesboro Road. Don't be scared off by the cosmetic part of the name. They are GREAT at making teeth look perfect, but they are also great at doing nice, normal regular care for the whole family. I had a huge problem with a front tooth, and he fixed it so beautifully. I am likely very biased toward loving everyone there because of that. I mean it was a messed up front tooth!

If you want BBQ that's close, try Martin's in Nolensville. I love their Redneck Taco. It's awesome!

Last edited by skyblueNashville; 01-10-2013 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Forgot a key point

Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Our dentist is William Nally, he's in the 100 Oaks Area. He's a family dentist, so I take my kids with me and we are all done within an hour.
Dentist - William D. Nally, DMD - Mark A. Horne, DDS - Nashville, TN

We go to Brentwood Children's Clinic for the peditrician. They are close to Costco in Cool Springs. Dr. Lee is our doctor. His children go to our school, so we know lots of people who use him and I've never heard any complaints.

Our orthdontist is Dr. Barbieri at Nipper's Corner. I like him really well and so do my children. Another ortho was going to pull some of my son's permanent teeth, and Dr. Barbieri's plan didn't make him get any teeth pulled, and he looks great. The only downside to him is that he is only in Nashville on Mondays and occassionally on Wed. If you have a problem on any other day, you have to drive to Smyrna.
Nashville, Smyrna, Brentwood, Tennessee (TN) Orthodontist | Barbieri Ortho | Extraordinary Smiles For Extraordinary People

Restaurants- starting out closer to you:
Lenox Village- Burger Republic & Sushi Me
Nolensville Road- Brick's Cafe
Nolensville- Martins BBQ (mentioned above) & Nana's Diner (Meat and Three- Southern Food)
Brentwood- Kalamata's (greek), Puffy Muffin (breakfast, lunch, and baked goods), Local Taco
Cool Springs- Cool Springs Brewery (pizza), Sperry's (upscale, steak, Sunday brunch)

That's a list to get you started. Hope your transition goes well.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Our dentist is William Nally, he's in the 100 Oaks Area. He's a family dentist, so I take my kids with me and we are all done within an hour.
Dentist - William D. Nally, DMD - Mark A. Horne, DDS - Nashville, TN
Ha! We have the same dentist. I've been going there since Kindergarten.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
I wondered when you said Berry Hill. If you search the board, there are several boardies who go to him. I don't think he's retiring any time real soon. We've been going to him for probably 10 years.

Did you by any chance see the House Hunters in Crieve Hall today? (Probably not, but I've been sick/home with sick kids all week, so I've seen way too much HGTV.)
The first house they looked at was $200 a square foot, and the next one was $87, so I'm pretty sure they weren't actually in Crieve Hall. I would have loved for them to have said street names. I recognized the first street, but the next 2 did not look familiar.
And it looked like the couple was living in a rental in Lenox Village while they were house hunting.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I wondered when you said Berry Hill. If you search the board, there are several boardies who go to him. I don't think he's retiring any time real soon. We've been going to him for probably 10 years.

Did you by any chance see the House Hunters in Crieve Hall today? (Probably not, but I've been sick/home with sick kids all week, so I've seen way too much HGTV.)
The first house they looked at was $200 a square foot, and the next one was $87, so I'm pretty sure they weren't actually in Crieve Hall. I would have loved for them to have said street names. I recognized the first street, but the next 2 did not look familiar.
And it looked like the couple was living in a rental in Lenox Village while they were house hunting.
Well, I guess since he cut back his hours I figure he is slowing down. He can do it as long as he feels able to, though, because he has a very loyal client base.

I think Dr. Horne is good as well. I can't think of a reason to change. I've always been comfortable there. When I was little, I was scared of going to the dentist. I actually found out about him from a school field trip there. He's good with kids without having to talk down to them.

No, I don't watch House Hunters. $200 sq ft in Crieve Hall doesn't surprise me. $87 does, though. That must be a dump (if it's actually IN Crieve Hall). I'd be interested at seeing it to see if I could figure out where it is. I think Crieve Hall is one of those neighborhoods where people will start "borrowing" the name in adjacent areas to improve the image. Especially on Edmondson and near Harding.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,024,126 times
Southside Grille is one of our favorite restaurants Nashville Bar & Grill 37211 - Southside Grill (615) 941-4460. China King (next door) has decent Chinese food. We use Heritage Medical in Cool Springs (Dr Pharris) for our physician. There is also a pediatric office in the same building. Our dentist just retired; sorry can't help there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville