Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,241 times

Advertisements

Hi there. I'm a 25 year old student in Colorado Springs , CO. Im originally from Arkansas and I've never liked the Midwest. I drove through TN last year and it felt like "home" - everyone was mellow and kind to me. I miss the south! Mtsu has my degree so I can transfer over without an issue, but I was wondering what you thought of Murfreesboro for a younger person like myself?
Some things about me: I'm pagan, have tattoos/piercings, very smart, kind of a geek, love good food and warm people. I'm tolerant and respectful and a bit shy - not into partying these days and stay sober when I go out, but I do love a good rave/electronic or punk show.
I'm visiting Johnson City right now and while its nice, it seems too small. Everyone I've met has been very warm and chatty here, but it just doesn't feel right so I'm driving over to 'Boro in about an hour.
What's the crime/traffic/housing/groceries like? How is it for a single fellow who's also kind of eclectic? (I.e. how's the dating scene ?)
Any other thoughts?
My degree is in Neuroscience BTW, and I'd only be there for 2 years at the most but I just can't take Colorado anymore.

Thanks a bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 09:22 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
I don't know much about Murfreesboro but I know there is some electronic music happening from time to time in Nashville and it's not THAT far of a drive - 40 minutes? But I wish you well, you seem to have a very firm grasp of who you are and at 25 that's admirable. Colorado Springs has a large military presence, am I right? I lived in Fort Collins for a year - always on everyone's 'great place to live' list but I was bored there . . . best of luck!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
PS. With all the threads closed, go up to the blue bar, right hand corner and click "SEARCH THIS FORUM" - type in Murfreesboro - lots of helpful posts!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 3,749 times
Default I'm also relocating!

Hi! I do not know much at all about Murfreesboro other than that I stayed there for one night a few years ago on my way down to the Bonnaroo music festival. The town seemed nice and we went to this cool "smoking bar" that served beer. I know you said you stay sober when you go out, but from what I experienced from the few places I went to, it seemed to be a pretty normal suburban area. The people seemed to generally be younger, but it also seemed like it might be a little more "upscale suburban." I could be wrong though since, like I said, I only stayed there for one night. I am actually looking to relocate to the Nashville area myself sometime this year, but am looking for someplace with a lot of bars, restaurants and music venues. I wish you luck with your ventures!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville