Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 03:38 PM

13 posts, read 51,219 times

Advertisements

I am looking at moving to Nashville once my divorce is finalized from Florida. I grew up my entire life in Western Kentucky and a few years in Louisville.

My dream has always been to live in Nashville but I haven't visited in a while. What neighborhoods would you recommend for a single 29 year old female?

I'm looking for something kind of laid back where I could rent a townhome with a backyard for my dog. I want it to feel safe and have a small town feel. I like the idea of having a larger city there but I don't necessarily need to be involved in it 24/7. I would however like a place where there are still some younger single people and not just a bunch of families.

Any suggestions? Location to a specific spot for a job is not part of my decision. I telecommute so I can be located anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
Keep in mind that where the 'bunch of families' live is usually a safe part of town! Lots of similar recent threads about people moving to Nashville that would be good for you to read. Budget is a huge determining factor - do you have something in mind???

(My sister is moving up here from Florida after her divorce is final too! Where in FL do you live?)

Old 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM

13 posts, read 51,219 times
Tampa. Moved to Florida three years ago for my husband and now I can't wait to get out!

I can spend up to $1,500 a month for a place to live.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:23 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
My sister is moving up from New Port Richey (now referred to as New Port Nowhere!).

$1500 is a very reasonable rent. Although I have friends who rented a townhouse (3 bedrooms) and it was $1800. Here are the offerings at the moment in Franklin - McKays Mill is nice, Brentwood Pointe - both of those are near Cool Springs. The one on Carriage Park - my sister looked at a house there. Quiet. Near Carnton Plantation. Odd little development but check it out on Google Earth - kind of sweet! Families though, never mind.

RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Search Results

And check out the 2nd post in this thread - great write up by Nashvols about the various neighborhoods.

Likely moving to Nashville, have some questions.

Some are more 'downtown' - probably not great for the dog. Big dog???

My sisters divorce is taking over a year . . good luck to you!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
My first thought were the Fredericksburg Townhouses on Old Hickory. They have a Brentwood zip code, but are actually in Nashville. They have a little yard, in an area that would have a mix of professionals and families. I moved here single in my early 20s and lived not far from there for a few months before moving to Green Hills. Green Hills is great for professional singles, but it is also right in town with lots of traffic and congestion.
Here's the crazy thing, I read your post, thought Fredericksburg would be great. Did a quick Google search and didn't see anything. So I wasn't going to reply because I wasn't sure how much they were.
Then I happen to Craigslist real estate rentals to look up something for myself- and the first thing there was a Fredericksburg townhouse and it was exactly your budget.
So I figured it was fate and I had to reply. Here's the listing:
Fredericksburg Townhome for Rent

Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM

86 posts, read 210,737 times
Here's a link to a townhouse listing on the north side of Nashville. My wife and I lived in this neighborhood for about 2.5 years before moving to a bigger house. Most of the buildings on this street are quads, this unit specifically is one of the inner units in its building (second door from the left in that first picture). The area is pretty safe, the landladies are great, the place is pet-friendly, and they provide maintenance and lawncare at no additional cost. I could answer any questions you have about the townhouses there or the general area.

House for Rent: Great Townhouse with Lots of Modern Amenities! | Powered by vFlyer

Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 PM

175 posts, read 373,712 times
I would look at Lenox Village near the Nippers Corner area of Nashville. We used to live in the subdivision across the street and I know there were a ton of single people that lived there and there are lots of restaurants and stores within the complex. I now live in Franklin and absolutely love it, but I am a stay-at-home mom. I agree with the person who said Fredericksburg as well. That is close to Maryland Farms which is a great little area for restaurants and shopping and close to the interstate.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM

610 posts, read 1,623,163 times
I'm 29 with a dog myself. If I were single, I'd probably check out houses with a yard in East Nashville, Melrose/12 South area, just to be proximite to fun things to do.
I currently live pretty close to Lennox Village, and personally know a lot of people our age that live there.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:13 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahope1980 View Post
I would look at Lenox Village near the Nippers Corner area of Nashville. We used to live in the subdivision across the street and I know there were a ton of single people that lived there and there are lots of restaurants and stores within the complex. I now live in Franklin and absolutely love it, but I am a stay-at-home mom. I agree with the person who said Fredericksburg as well. That is close to Maryland Farms which is a great little area for restaurants and shopping and close to the interstate.
I agree on that. And as a Single I recommend Meet-up groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville