Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 PM

2 posts, read 8,805 times

Advertisements

My family is looking to relocate to the Nashville area after the first of the year from Dallas. My husband will be commuting to Brentwood and Nashville both. We are looking for horse property (2-8 acres) around $300-$400K. Can you tell me what areas I should look in? I know that real estate in Brentwood is out of our range. My husband is okay with commuting 45-60 minutes.

Many thanks,
Corrie

Old 10-27-2007, 08:10 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
You might want to check out Shelbyville, TN, the Home of the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration.

twhnc.dot com

Old 10-27-2007, 03:14 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
My family is looking to relocate to the Nashville area after the first of the year from Dallas. My husband will be commuting to Brentwood and Nashville both. We are looking for horse property (2-8 acres) around $300-$400K. Can you tell me what areas I should look in? I know that real estate in Brentwood is out of our range. My husband is okay with commuting 45-60 minutes.

Many thanks,
Corrie
Corrie,
You won't have to go as far out as Shelbyville. I just did a quick search in Maury County(about 20 miles south of Brentwood and 30 miles south of downtown Nashville) and found 23 properties from 3-6 acres between 3-8 acres. One of them was 6.5 acres and fenced for horses. There are also some other counties that are options, all of them closer than Shelbyville.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 8,805 times
Thanks so much both of you for this information! I'm going to check out Shelbyville and Maury County. Those are great leads.

Kind regards,

Corrie

Old 10-28-2007, 12:35 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Other possibilities include Eagleville, Leipers Fork and Nolensville, as well as any of the more rural areas south of Brentwood.

One question. Has your husband ever made a one hour/50 mile commute on a regular basis? I have and it gets really tiresome (as well as expensive). If he has and is still willing, that's okay. If he hasn't, then I'd suggest rethinking it.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:39 PM

3 posts, read 24,278 times
Wink Horse Property near Nashville

Corrie
There are lots of areas that would fit your requirements. I would suggest that you first find a good Realtor. I temporarily retired my Real Estate License or I would be the Realtor for you!! LOL
But, A good Realtor knows the areas or will find out what they don't know and will find what you are looking for. You may be surprised at how close you could possibly get so your husband can spend more time at home instead of commuting!!
Good luck.
mary e

Many thanks,
Corrie[/quote]

Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 PM

317 posts, read 1,230,731 times
You might be able to find property in quite a few areas that are close to Brentwood and Nashville. It will really all depend on your criteria. I see your general price range and desired acreage. With a quick MLS search I found properties that meet that basic criteria in Franklin, Leipers Fork, College Grove, Thompson Station, Nolensville, Fairview, and even within the Nashville city limits. That does not even get into all of the surrounding areas, but these are a few areas you might be interested, and you would not have as much of a commute as some of the other places mentioned.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:17 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Other possibilities include Eagleville, Leipers Fork and Nolensville, as well as any of the more rural areas south of Brentwood.

One question. Has your husband ever made a one hour/50 mile commute on a regular basis? I have and it gets really tiresome (as well as expensive). If he has and is still willing, that's okay. If he hasn't, then I'd suggest rethinking it.
Allycat, I have to agree with that. Where I used to live it took my husband an hour to get to work and sometimes over 2 hours to get home, and that was getting worst, with the flow of traffic increasing.
It prompted him to ask for the transfer here to the Main office.

There is a lot of Horse farms in the Nolensville area. Its nice there and no to far.
Diane

Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,447 times
I suppose by now you have either found a place or given up. We are selling our 2.6 Acres 3000sf home, large pole barn with 2 large stalls and hay storage and cross fenced in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. It is not on the market yet as we are painting and refinishing hardwood floors, etc. The road we live on has MANY horses, as well as 3 large farms. We are only 17 miles east of Nashville and approx 2 miles from Old Hickory Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville